You know you're on a diet when....

Options
You rank food by the number of "bites" : donut = 4 bites = bad; gelatto = 20 bites = good.

Your making something as low-cal as shirataki noodles, and you pull every single noodle off the paper towel.

You stop working out when you've reached a set number of calories. I've gone so far as to stop the treadmill when it matches the mfp calories burned number - we're talking a difference of 4 or 5 calories here.

You run out of clean measuring cups.

All your friends have heard your diatribe about portion sizes.

This is light-hearted guys :bigsmile: Please share your own...

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    You rank food by the number of "bites" : donut = 4 bites = bad; gelatto = 20 bites = good.

Your making something as low-cal as shirataki noodles, and you pull every single noodle off the paper towel.

You stop working out when you've reached a set number of calories. I've gone so far as to stop the treadmill when it matches the mfp calories burned number - we're talking a difference of 4 or 5 calories here.

You run out of clean measuring cups.

All your friends have heard your diatribe about portion sizes.

This is light-hearted guys :bigsmile: Please share your own...
  • Drkrimage2
    Options
    OMG that is so funny. how about at the end of the day you go to bed thinking man I wasted x amount of calories left over but ohhhhh boy I get a whole bunch more in the am when I get u.
    OR you know your dieting when your critiquing everyone else and what they are eating. When you look at something so bad and analyize it till you have it worked out that you can eat it.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Thanks!! I needed a laugh today. You know you're on a diet when - you can't wait to get on the internet - not to play games or chat but because you have to log your calories on MFP before you forget what you ate!!
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Thanks!! I needed a laugh today. You know you're on a diet when - you can't wait to get on the internet - not to play games or chat but because you have to log your calories on MFP before you forget what you ate!!

Or you log on to MFP first BEFORE you eat -- just to make sure you won't go over your calories, etc.
    :laugh:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Your 12 yr old says, " what the heck mom. you can't just stop buying chips"!!
  • tinnytibbs
    Options
    you're on this site more than your own work site....lol
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

Oh man, this is definitely me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    search the web looking for how many calories are burned while posting to MFP.

Computer Work 5.6 cal for 1 min post?

from http://www.primusweb.com/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl

Tim
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Your 12 yr old says, " what the heck mom. you can't just stop buying chips"!!

:laugh: I heard the echo of that in my house with my 12 year old!!:laugh:
    Also - when you're at work and constantly on the lookout because you're on MFP all day and get P'd off when someone actually wants you to do some work and you're in the middle of a post!
  • Drkrimage2
    Options
    When coming home in the AM from the gym and your daughter gets mad because you passed the Crispy Kreme,
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    When you spend 15 minutes calculating and doing math equations just to figure out how many calories, etc. are in the meal you're preparing before you eat it...and you NEVER would have spent 15 minutes on a math problem when you were in school!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You run out of clean measuring cups...so true, so funny!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    you know your on a diet when the batteries of my cooking scale have gone flat 3 times in the last 2 and half month.

you now your on a diet when you walk down the street eating a celery stick

when you wake up extra early with excitement on weight in days.

when you stare at the progress report for 10 min. calcuting all kinds of things, ( weight loss per day/week/month so far, averages over the year. ect.ect.ect.)

when your bf rolls his eyes at you when you ask if he mesured the peanut butter before putting it on your toasts, then decides he'll never try to be nice and make you toast coz its just too complicated.

lol
    may
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    How about:
    You know your diet is WORKING when...

You are with someone who wants to "swing into Wendy's" and the thought is just too gross!
    (I personally love that one!)

You can pull your jeans off and on without unbuttoning them!

People who see you every day begin to tell you how great you are looking!

You CRAVE your workout time and feel awful when you miss one!

You begin to know the calorie counts of foods without having to look them up anymore!

:bigsmile: - Jenn
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

:laugh: That's so funny. I've done the same thing on my glider. :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You buy small, pickle sized cucumbers and eat them as a snack on the subway, and don't mind people looking at you in a confused, amused fashion.

You go buy extra measuring cups. . . because yours are always dirty.

You can figure the calories in any plate of food presented to you in 10-15 seconds.

You no longer go window shopping for shoes and purses. . .but for heart rate monitors watches.

You think of food calories in terms of exercise calories: "I can't eat that. . .that's two hours of spinning!"
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My husband laughed at me this past Saturday because I really watched my calorie intake just because that night I wanted to enjoy a few too many vodka and oj's!!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    ditto...along with every other lose weight website I can find:laugh: :laugh:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    your husband sits down at the dinner table and looks at you :noway: and says "what's with all the healthy crap"