Greetings-- need a kick in the rear

Options
Hi, I'm 52 and am at the highest non-pregnant weight I've ever been. I'm not technically overweight--- yet--but I'm headed there at the rate I'm going. My body fat percentage is over 30% (not sure how much over).

All my life, when I've gained 5-10 lbs I lose it before it turns into more-- which I do by cutting out sweets, not "grazing", and stepping up the exercise.
The last couple of years, I haven't felt motivated. I've gained 23 lbs in the last five years. Most of my clothes are too small and I refuse to buy bigger ones. SO --- If I don't lose weight I'm going to have to join a nudist colony.

I'm hoping being on this forum will make me feel more accountable. I only need to lose about 15 lbs, but it seems very difficult these days. (Stupid middle age metabolism!)

Replies

• Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've been there too! I was either going to have to buy all new clothes or get serious about losing weight and exercising. Down 30 lbs from my highest weight now. I'm 47 so I know what you mean about metabolism being slower. You can do it though, just takes a little more effort and dedication. Add me if you like.
  • katdouce
    katdouce Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ok...this is me "kicking" you in the rear!!!!! come on girl !!! gitter done!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Scsmitty1
    Options
    I really think, as one in constant need of rear kicking, I am going to love this site. If for no other reason, the amazing support I am seeing! You'll get there....hang in!!
  • katdouce
    katdouce Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    the support you get here is amazing!!! I"ve got 15 days in today and I love love love it!!!!