90lbs Gone But Stuck in a Rut....So Giving MFP.com a Try!

Options
Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.... My name's Lynn, I'm a 26/F and over the past year & a half I've lost a little over 90lbs! (Yah!!) First by following WWs Points Online and then by tracking calories at Sparkpeople. Both of those tools have helped but since Christmas time I've been losing/gaining the same 5lbs over and over again. I'm getting frustrated and want to get the last 40-50 lbs off.

This website is simple and doesn't complicate things, plus the food database is HUGE and so easy to use! I'm really excited to be on here and hope to finally lose the rest of this weight so that I can maintain a healthy lifestyle and have a baby in the next few years.

Replies

• losinglynn
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.... My name's Lynn, I'm a 26/F and over the past year & a half I've lost a little over 90lbs! (Yah!!) First by following WWs Points Online and then by tracking calories at Sparkpeople. Both of those tools have helped but since Christmas time I've been losing/gaining the same 5lbs over and over again. I'm getting frustrated and want to get the last 40-50 lbs off.

This website is simple and doesn't complicate things, plus the food database is HUGE and so easy to use! I'm really excited to be on here and hope to finally lose the rest of this weight so that I can maintain a healthy lifestyle and have a baby in the next few years.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lynn!! Glad you found us. This is a great tool to help on your weightloss journey - enjoy the journey! :flowerforyou:
  • beanface25
    Options
    Congrats on your success of 90lbs! I will have to agree that MFP is a great site and easy to use. This is also a great place to come if you are struggling (with what I call) food demons or if your in a rut. A lot of people have very helpful hints to getting you back on track.

Good luck!

94811.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Well done you. I hope im as good as loseing weight as you are.
    Good luck in the rest of your weight loss.

Pamela XXX:flowerforyou:
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Hi Lynn. Congratulations on loosing 90 pounds so far.
    I would recommend you forget about loosing weight for about a month or two. Nourish your body and increase your calories to a point where you are maintaining your weight and continue with our excercise program. Make sure you eat whole natural unprocessed foods rich in nutrients. After about a month or two reconsider your calorie needs, figure out your BMR and reduce your caloric intake. I am pretty sure that after you've taken a break and fed your body nutrient rich food you can into another fat loss mode.
    This is the method that I've been using and it's working very well for me. I did not gain all my weight overnight and I am in no hurry to lose it overnight, but I am making steady progress. I work really hard at it for about 3 months, than I take a 1 to 2 months break and go at it again. Give it a try.
    Good luck.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: Congrats on the 90 pounds lost so far, You are awesome.