Shouldn't have eaten that today

Options
We had a particularly busy day at work today. Also one of my colleagues takes pleasure in "correcting" all of us which just irritates me. Lunch breaks came late and there was no time to take an afternoon break to refresh ourselves.

I think I ate well today except when it came to the cookies. I ate my lunch and had three large chocolate cookies with macadamia nuts in my lunch bag. Well, I ate the cookie. Then I ate another one. After lunch I didn't feel so good. Those cookies were too sweet.

Then came the afternoon when the self-appointed correctional officer/executioner decided to pull me aside for something she thought she should mention to me under the guise that I had created animosity among our other colleagues. I was quite pissed off. Several hours later I ate the third cookie. It didn't even make me feel better. This is the first time I have related stress eating for myself.

Honestly, I would have felt better if I had slugged her. We are all adults and the petty things she pulls us aside for are meaningless to everyone but her. It is really harassment and a form of bullying in the work place. just don't think she knows that.

Anyhow, when I was packing my lunch this morning, I initially thought of throwing away the cookies. However, I put them in my lunch bag and the rest is history.

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How far did you go over?
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Don't kick yourself too hard, you've already acknowledged that it was a mistake to pack them. I've never accomplished anything off the back of a feeling of guilt, best to just forget about it :tongue:
  • KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Whats done is done, don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is another day!
  • LoisLane11
    LoisLane11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ugh... I keep slipping up.. running out the door this morning.. grabbed burger king sausage biscuit and hash browns for bfast.. what a horrible way to start off the week. So angry at myself.. I wish I could just get the self control back.
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was just three cookies which is not my normal. I am more upset with myself for letting my colleague get my goat, so to speak, than I was at eating the cookies. It is just the fact that she does this frequently and I seem to be the one getting her "correcting". She is NOT our supervisor.
  • vventure23
    vventure23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Agreed! Learn from it, next time only pack one cookie, that way you can have a treat but not the temptation and the guilt of going overboard, or the tummy ache that comes from too much sweets
  • cathyvice
    cathyvice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day get right back at and the next time she comes around just slug her just kidding maybe you should get one of those strees ball and when you feel the need just grab on to it. good luck to you
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Try not to let her get to you.....if she does, she wins! I know that is easier said than done but hold your head up high and act as if it doesn't bother you. You know you are a great worker and are doing your job well!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

my feelings exactly!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    2 points - why don't you discuss the problem with your supervisor. Bring along some co-workers that are also fed up. Secondly, you set yourself to fail when you packed the 3 cookies in the first place, well before the "correction officer" incident of the day. Sounds like you're trying to blame your cookie consumption on her even though you packed the cookies before going to work.

That said, too late to go crazy about it now. Just pledge to do better tomorrow.
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No. Not trying to blame the cookie consumption on her at all. I just had one of those brilliant self discoveries because of the incident. Like I said, this is the first time I have connected stress eating with myself. Light went on in my head.

I agree, I should have packed only one cookie. I packed them all with the intention of leaving them there and having only one or none. I like sweets and recognize I need to get them out of the house.