Getting motivated to work out after a long day.

Options
Today has been a heck of a day. Spent over half of the day at the DMV getting a new license. I know I need to work out. I just really don't want to. I don't want to wash my hair and dry it and flat iron it and roll it. LOL I am a bit on the lazy side today.

What do you guys do when your motivation level is extremely low?

Replies

• mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    i have my husband drop me off at the gym. that way i can't drive i away. hahahah..... nothing else to do other than work out...
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Think that some good aerobic dance might do the trick? If you don't have a DVD, just dance around continuously for a half hour!!! It will brighten your mood!
  • kegonzales
    Options
    My husband and I have an agreement in place. He harasses me until I do my workout and grudgingly I will do it but then I feel so much better after.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have a look at my food diary and then decide what I want to do.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always just go. The first 10-15 minutes always suck but I'm always glad at the end that I went and did it. If you get into the habit, you'll start being more motivated just because of the positive feelings you know you'll have.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    I had a super long day today taking my twins to two doctors appts at ACH. I just finished my workout! I was tired earlier but now I'm not! I have noticed lately that after my workouts I'm not tired like you would think I actually have more energy. I do Zumba so I actually enjoy my workouts. It's super fun & you can burn a ton of cals & you dont even realize it!!!
  • chelsieb27
    Options
    I mostly do things like the 30 day shred or other videos of that nature. I try to do circuit training. I wanted to run but the weather here isn't being very friendly. Windy and very rainy. I will suck it up and work out a little. I know I should . :)
  • chelsieb27
    Options
    I don't dance it scares my kids. LOL I don't have much rhythm.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    As a working mom with a very high stress job (RN) there are some days when I am emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted at the end of the day....really, so exhausted that I feel I have to muster superhuman strength to put my sneakers on. (Working out in the a.m. is not an option for me.)

Here's what I do: I tell myself if I am *that* tired, I only have to do 15 minutes. Well, you know how it goes....I always end up finishing the workout. I am sure one of these days I will take myself up on my own offer!! LOL!

As for doing your hair after...I have become a fan of baseball caps...I refuse to wash/style my hair more than once a day!
  • chelsieb27
    Options
    Eponine7 My sis is a nurse so I completely understand your stress. More power to you for doing such a hard job. I have so much respect for nurses.

Well I worked out for like 45 minutes. I said "well if I don't do it today, then I won't do it tomorrow." You know how that goes. I ended up doing circuit 3 on the 30 day shred plus about 20 minutes on my own.

Thank you all for your amazing advice. Love the motivation on this site.
  • vventure23
    vventure23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Totally hear this! Sometimes to motivate myself I look at pictures of people I want to look like, but recently I've been able to motivate myself by remembering how good it feels to be on a fitness routine and to be strong and stick with it, as well as how annoyed with myself I get if I don't go. It's like, "How am I going to feel about this tomorrow? Alright alright I'm going already." haha

Good job working getting your motivation!! Keep that for motivation next time :)
  • Acatlett77
    Options

I totally understand! I don't think I'm very good either. I would've loved to be a fly on the wall the first time I did Zumba!!! Lol!
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pay it forward
    Do twice as much tonight with the promise/option to take the day off tomorrow
    Or, work out half as much tonight and make it up tomorrow
    Maybe just do the workout you planned and come back later and tell us how you feel.
    works for me sometimes
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options

I totally understand! I don't think I'm very good either. I would've loved to be a fly on the wall the first time I did Zumba!!! Lol!
    [/quote

I laughed out loud at this!!! No rhythm here, either!

GREAT job getting your workout in...and Level 3 of the Shred to boot! Way to go...bet you felt great after!!