Bodymedia

Options
I'm thinking of asking Santa to please bring me a BodyMedia Fit armband for Christmas. Question for those who have one: Did you go with the Link version or the one with the little round display? I'm torn between the two?

Replies

• MarriedMama
    Options
    Just bought the link version on costco.com. It's on sale with 12 months free subscription. :smile:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I went with the display simply because my Android phone is a prepaid from Virgin Mobile and is incompatible with the armband app. If I'd had a better phone that was compatible, I'd have gone with the Link armband, but that wasn't an option.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you already have a smart phone or iPhone, then I think it would be silly not to get the Link version. Why carry an extra thing? Plus it displays so much more via the phone, and you can log nutrition and set "workout" timers that will show you how many calories were burned during a workout for logging into MFP... :wink:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I got the BodyBugg V3 (non smart phone, no display) w/ 12 months subscription included for $126 on 24 Fitness site.
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just saw that Costco has one of the Link versions for $179 w/ a 12 mo subscription? That's pretty amazing!
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just bought the link version on costco.com. It's on sale with 12 months free subscription. :smile:

Saw your post right after I posted mine. Thanks for the tip though. That's a pretty amazing deal.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just bought mine on ebay for $60 and then purchased a 12 month subscribe on ebay for $30. Worth a look foe the savings I think.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I just the regular one. I have an iPhone but don't feel the need to have the data all day. Plus I read a lot of really bad reviews of tryin to sync the armband to the app and definitely keeping the connection open all day kills the phone battery, according to the main complaints.

I've been fine without the "live" data. The hubby actually bought me a display as a gift and I only wore it for a few months. After your worn the BMF for awhile you start to get a feel for what you burn each day and I find that I generally know about what my daily burn is going to be before I sync each night. I'm typically on within 100 calories. The only time I'm off is way out of the norm kind of days, like when I was at Comic Con in July or the first few times the hubby and I did days up in San Francisco and were all over the City. But even those kinds of days I sorta know now. :)
  • Heather_A
    Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just received my BMF Link today. I have used both the BodyBugg and the BMF (with display) prior to this. I'm glad to have this newest band linked to my iPhone. If you get the non-Link make sure you buy a display to use (usually $80-$100) with the band, it makes all the difference.

Mine came from Costco, I only buy from them because of their return policy and their included 12-month subscription. I highly recommend them for purchase. Right now the band is $180, after the 11th I think it goes back to $200.

For those that worry about the Link disconnecting often, it can be set to either disconnect Bluetooth when you close the app or keep it alive when you close the app. It's set up this way so your battery doesn't drain quickly due to the constant on of the Bluetooth. It's a simple step of pressing the button on the band to reconnect. My tests tonight have kept the connection alive as long as the app was open. I've yet to have it disconnect without me closing the app. I hope that remains the case.