the hormone diet

Options
Anybody heard of this book and if so, are you trying the diet? My chiro recommended it to me today. Said that my adrenals were all out of whack and that one of the reasons I was having so much problem with inflammation was that my other hormones were not working correctly.

My question to you who are trying this or know the book... is this basically a low carb diet like a diabetic diet so that your insulin isn't spiking?

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    This is interesting as my girlfriend was also "recommended"

by her Chiro....must be in the air? def a sales pitch. :ohwell:
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    im interested too! is that a probotic diet?
  • murraycharlie
    Options
    I am reading Jillian Micheal's Master Your Metabolism. It's a good read and very doable. Her research is legit. I am working on balancing my hormones too and find that this is a great guide.

I also like this book too - or anything by Amen. http://www.amazon.com/Amen-Solution-Brain-Healthy-Weight/dp/0307463605. It takes in account the essential role of the brain in weight loss.

Amanda
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd take nutrition advice (or adrenal diagnosis) from a Chiropractor. Just eat a fairly clean diet and save your money.
  • latinahada
    Options
    I have heard of it...I was told to check out the book due to thyroid issues I have. Anyway, I did find the book online to get some info a couple months ago & many people have said great things about it!! I would be very interested to hear from someone who has tried the diet as well...
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Anybody heard of this book and if so, are you trying the diet? My chiro recommended it to me today. Said that my adrenals were all out of whack and that one of the reasons I was having so much problem with inflammation was that my other hormones were not working correctly.

My question to you who are trying this or know the book... is this basically a low carb diet like a diabetic diet so that your insulin isn't spiking?

Chiropracters are not real doctors, much less endocrinologists.

Run the other way, fast.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chironutr.html
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This is interesting as my girlfriend was also "recommended"

by her Chiro....must be in the air? def a sales pitch. :ohwell:

wasn't a sales pitch as there was nothing to buy from her.... If she would have told me that I needed to eat the smoothies she sells every day for lunch... then I'd question whether or not to go back to this quacker!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I am reading Jillian Micheal's Master Your Metabolism. It's a good read and very doable. Her research is legit. I am working on balancing my hormones too and find that this is a great guide.

LULZ

From Leigh Peele:

http://www.flzine.com/jillian-michaels-master-your-metabolism/
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's the same but a lot of people I work with are doing the HCG diet. It is restrictive to the extreme and I'm not seeing them lose anymore than me. I'm not impressed by it.