Looking for others who are doing in-home fitness programs

Options
I have been exercising with in-home fitness videos since the 90s, and I have tried nearly everything. I am looking for friends who are also mostly working out at home so we can compare programs and stats. I'm currently doing a mix of Beachbody workouts and Jillian Michaels' workouts and would love to hear what others are doing to keep in-home exercising challenging and fresh!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of spinning at home... also have a decent home gym and try to lift 3 days a week. Sometimes I have a hard time staying motivated to lift, but I can put in a movie or watch TV while I spin, so it's not usually all that hard to get in a spin.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    bump...to read later
    Also would like to know. how may days per week you do the dvds. and how many use weights?
    good topic, Thanks
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm doing p90x at home. Soon will be doing p90x2. U can add me if u want:-)
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Ripped In 30 (Jillian Michaels). I also have some Beachbody workouts that I plan to add to the mix...I am doing a boot camp class on Wednesday mornings but sadly this week is the last one until the new year so I need to start kicking it up a notch at home.

Feel free to add me :happy:

Lisa
  • geminigirl1979
    geminigirl1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also only work out at home. I have a treadmill, but don't get on it too much. I have been using Beachbody videos since April of this year. I started with Power 90, then did P90X, and am now doing ChaLean Extreme. I think for me, the biggest reason I've seen such improvement is because I am working out 6 days a week. Before when I used to work out, I would only do it 2-3 times a week and would get frustrated for not seeing results. And I wouldn't stick with it. Also, the schedules that come with the programs are life savers for me. I love having everything written out for me and telling me exactly what exercise to do and when. I need the structure.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home. I do workout dvds, just dance 1,2,3, zumba, zumba 2, ea sports active, wii fit, black eyed peas dancing game, all on the wii :)

I do go to the gym tho, only about 2 times a week. But most of my workouts are in the comfort of my own home.

Anyone feel free to add me x
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30 Day shred and it is an amazing workout video.
  • shanzee_b
    shanzee_b Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Chalean Extreme program at home and I do that 5 days a week and have 2 rest days. This is my last week of the program and I plan to start over again as the first month I wasn't eating enough and want to up my weights for next round.
  • myshell26
    Options
    I mix it up a lot, but currently I am doing Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (3 or 4 mile), Violet Zaki's Weight Loss Cardio Kickboxing, and Level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I do each twice a week.
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    Thanks, all! I will be adding you as friends, if you don't mind! I'm currently doing a mix of Power 90 Master Series (an awesome program that's often overshadowed by P90X, which I've done but don't like as much), Debbie Siebers' Slim Series, some Turbo Jam, and Jillian (I have 'em all and usually do one of her workouts when I have less time because they're shorter but just as effective). I'm also waiting for P90X2. I hope I like it!
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    bump...to read later
    Also would like to know. how may days per week you do the dvds. and how many use weights?
    good topic, Thanks

I try to do 5-6 days a week, with one rest day and one day that's either yoga or fun cardio like Turbo Jam. I try to alternate full-body cardio with more focused work that incorporates strength training. Most of Siebers' workouts can be done with 5-8 lb. weights because she does tons of reps, but I'm trying to push myself with heavier when I do Sculpt 5-6 (P90 Master Series). I'm also looking into LiveFit Trainer by Jamie Eason.
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    My husband has some weightlifting equipment at home, so I'm thinking about starting Jamie Eason's LiveFit program. It's completely online and FREE! I don't have all of the equipment yet, but I'm looking into it.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My husband has some weightlifting equipment at home, so I'm thinking about starting Jamie Eason's LiveFit program. It's completely online and FREE! I don't have all of the equipment yet, but I'm looking into it.

I looked at that online last week and I think we have everything needed in the basement...I think I might give it a try. I can follow the exercise portion of it no problem but the diet will be difficult for me having 4 to feed one being a picky eater. It will be either that or P90 when I am finished with RI30.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    workout at home only, 6 days a week. Heavy weights 3 days a week.

Primarily use P90X n the AM, with Rushfit in the evening.

Also have other programs, Chalene Extreme, Some Billy Banks stuff etc. that I mix it up with now and then.

DH has a Treadclimber coming for Christmas, so I am sure that will go into the mix as well.

Also have P90X2 on order.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I do zumba at home. I am interested in Turbo Jam and would love some feedback frome ppl that have tried this one or Insanity or others. I try to work out at least 3-4 times a week. I have a gym membership but it is easier and more fun at home!
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    did half power 90, then a full P90X, and I'm doing Asylum right now,

I may look at doing some martial arts at home too and eventually some bob harper, rushfit as well.

I also ordered P90X2 that I want to do in January,

feel free to add me if you want
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have been working out at home with DVD's...I was also running outdoors,until the snow just came that is :)
    I have Jillan's Shred it w weights,30DS,Ripped in 30...Billy Blanks Taebo, and now starting Bob Harper's Ultimate Body Cardio & Ripped Core. These are all great DVD's
  • MommyMiles
    MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have to workout at home. Being a mom of two little ones, teaching kindergarten, and my DH working an opposite schedule as me, I NEVER can get to the gym (which I have paid for the last 5 months and have not gone once... I need to send in that cancellation letter). I do Jillian 30DS and NO More Trouble Zones. I have found also done a few HWODs based off of CrossFit workouts. I am SO not consistant with this right now and NEED to be. I have less than hour everyday to these workouts have to be quick, intense, and get the job done. I want to try P90X, but I am so scared I won't be able to hang... Add me!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Mon-Denise Austin Fit fast + Weights Upper

Tues-Butt bible lower+abs

Wed-Denise Austin Fit fast + Weights back,legs

Thur-off

Fri-Butt bible upper + weights full circuit

*Every other week, I switch the dvd line up and weights to confuse muscles,as well as calories* But I eat my ex cals and always eat 1600-2000.Never starve;-)

Sat-Sun off -But most days off walk my dog,depending weather/season-garden-cross country ski-Fun activities
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I don't have the schedule to be able to go to a gym - I work days and my fiancee works nights, so I'm home every night with his daughter except Wednesdays. I use that night to go to a 60-minute Zumba class and once I use up my punch card for that, I'm switching to all home exercise to save money.

I have the Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred, a Tae-Bo video, and just got Zumba for the Wii. I have to make working out fun or I find it tedious and stop, so I try to lean more towards the dance-type videos where I stay interested for an entire hour and burn more calories than if I was just on a treadmill and then got bored after 20 minutes.

I'm looking for more dance/aerobics DVDs/Wii games to add to my small-for-now collection. Any suggestions?