Brand new (:

Options
Hello, I am Angelé I am 18, and weigh 245 currently. Seeing the before/after photos on here are very motivating.
I do have a question though, should I spend the money to get a gym membership or not?

Hope to get to know all y'all! xox

Replies

• edemonte
    Options
    A gym membership is great but you can always walk or run outside, or run up and down the stairs, or buy an exercise video and work out at home.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    welcome Angele, congrats on your journey.. Feel free to add me if you like.

About your question, there are a lot more experienced people here than myself but currently I don't have a gym membership. I gave it up a few years ago. I workout at home and take a class once a week.

Good luck on your journey...
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for a commercial gym (like Golds, Rush etc) but I have a membership at the local YMCA branch and it is very much worth it. The great thing is you get access to everything, the gym the pool etc and you don't have to pay extra for classes like Zumba, Yoga, Spinning etc. They may not offer as much as a commercial gym, but in the long run it's probably not as expensive since I think most of the 20$ a month gyms make you pay extra for instructor led classes.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i dont have a gym membership, theres a lot of good aerobic videos on youtube and lots of good dvds
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It depends on what works best for YOU. I personally get the best workout in group exercise classes at the gym, and have found it harder to get the same results at home. Some people are the opposite. I say see if any gyms in your area have trial memberships and see if you are feelin it.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    I spend the money on simple equipment like running shoes and weights. There's a whole world of calisthenics out there but I guess it's a personal preference
  • marisol_cd
    Options
    For me getting a membership was worth it. Before I had the membership, I tried working out at home but I would never get to it. I always made excuses, so getting a gym membership and working out at the gym just makes it feel more official. Hope this helps. Feel free to add me if you want some more support!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I agree
    It depends on what works best for YOU. I personally get the best workout in group exercise classes at the gym, and have found it harder to get the same results at home. Some people are the opposite. I say see if any gyms in your area have trial memberships and see if you are feelin it.
  • angeleh8
    Options
    Thanks everyone! (: