What to set as my activity level?

Options
I currently have it set on sedentary. However, I workout 6 days a week, before I was using the elliptical at the gym for anywhere from 45-90 minutes a day, and recently I've started doing Insanity. My exercise schedule is not sedentary, but I wear a hrm and enter those calories in, so should I leave it at sedentary? I am a student and I just got a part time job as a cashier, but otherwise I'm not on my feet a lot when not working out. So what do I base my activity level on? Any help is appreciate! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I leave mine as sedentary even though I spend 13 hours a week at the gym. I just enter my exercise calories and eat back a portion of them so that I'm not hungry all the time.
  • alliebeck2
    Options
    If you're logging your exercise calories and you're not overly active outside the gym, I would definitely leave the activity level at sedentary.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If using a HRM to calculate your calories, I'd leave it set to sedentary.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    If you're logging your exercise calories and you're not overly active outside the gym, I would definitely leave the activity level at sedentary.
    that's what I was thinking. thanks!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Your activity level should be based on the regular things you do in a day, excluding actual exercise. So, have a think about what you do while at school/work. If you aren't just sitting around all day you should probably be set as "lightly active".
    Then you add your exercise to your diary separately.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Your activity level should be based on the regular things you do in a day, excluding actual exercise. So, have a think about what you do while at school/work. If you aren't just sitting around all day you should probably be set as "lightly active".
    Then you add your exercise to your diary separately.
    Currently, I'm sitting a lot. Maybe once I start working more often I'll switch over to lightly active. I miss being a server, that kept me moving!
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Servers are considered an "Active" job because you're constantly running around. I never wore a pedometer when I was a waiter, but I know a few co-workers that did and it was pretty crazy how much walking you actually do.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Servers are considered an "Active" job because you're constantly running around. I never wore a pedometer when I was a waiter, but I know a few co-workers that did and it was pretty crazy how much walking you actually do.
    Oh yes, it was very active! I wish I still had that job!