My new favorite lunch!

Options
Well I was late getting out the door this morning and I just grabbed a potato,some broccoli and a little low fat cheese (a pat of butter of course, but not the full fat kind). That was the best lunch Ive had in a while. :smooched:

JUST ONE QUESTION
would it be bad to have that for lunch a few days a week? Everyone is so against potatoes I just wondered because Im a creature of habbit and could probably eat it the entire week.

462 calories, 63 carbs, 17 fat

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    Well I was late getting out the door this morning and I just grabbed a potato,some broccoli and a little low fat cheese (a pat of butter of course, but not the full fat kind). That was the best lunch Ive had in a while. :smooched:

JUST ONE QUESTION
    would it be bad to have that for lunch a few days a week? Everyone is so against potatoes I just wondered because Im a creature of habbit and could probably eat it the entire week.

462 calories, 63 carbs, 17 fat
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    Why is everyone against potatos????? I love them they fill you up. I cant understand why anyone wouldnt eat them???

Pamela XXX:flowerforyou:
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with potatoes, enjoy them. Sounds like a good lunch to me!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Make it even better - add hummus!
  • godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options
    I think the question is rather, "would it be bad for YOU to have it a few days a week." Some people run great on carbs, and I love white potatoes nutritional value. As long as you can handle this type of lunch, it's pretty great nutritionally. You could skip the cheese and add some diced chicken or ham to give you a protein boost, if needed.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Good Idea godsgrl! and stratdl!:wink:

And they are bad cause CARBS ARE BAD!!!LOL:laugh:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Oh... its not that I'm against potatoes. I love them so much that once I start eating them, I can't stop!! What can I say, I come from Norweigan Potato Farmers in Wisconsin. DELICIOUS!

So I avoid, because I zone out and just keep eating them. :sad:
  • karad
    karad Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm assuming you eat the skin, which makes it even better for you. Depending on what kind of a diet you are following, it could or could not be bad. If you are counting carbs, it would be a pretty loaded lunch. To me though, it sounds healthy enough to eat a couple of times a week.
    You're making me crave potatoes. LoL.
  • ginastern
    Options
    If you change it up to a sweet potto you get much more nutrition and feel fuller longer.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If you change it up to a sweet potto you get much more nutrition and feel fuller longer.

Thats true! But I can't have sweet potato without wanting butter and maybe even a bit of brown sugar on it, broiled for a min to make it almost crunchy on top....sorry, I'm drooling.... I have had the baked potato plus chili on it from wendys a time of two, don't remember the numbers off hand but it was pretty decent and tasted yummy!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes. Especially baked russet or sweet. They are very filling and if you add something else to it and veggies and salad, I think it makes a great, satisfying meal. I do it quite often. :wink:

And we are coming up on potato salad time too! There are some great recipes on Cooking Light.com for that!

:flowerforyou:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I don't think eating potatoes is a bad thing. I love potatoes of all kinds so much that I still try to work them in to my weekly menu at least twice, sometimes more often if I can get away with it.