I have just started...and so excited!

Options
So a friend has told me about this site and so far I LOVE IT! Its so easy to use and makes tracking so much fun. Along with the great forums and ideas you really can see alot on what track you need to be on and how much progress you have made. I hope to have alot of support on here because I have no problem with exercising; that part is easy to me because I love it so much, but I have no will power to say no to the food that comes across me. I would like to have the support of not only my fellow friends but other on here who have the same struggles. I will be there for anyone else as well. :happy:

Replies

• kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    So a friend has told me about this site and so far I LOVE IT! Its so easy to use and makes tracking so much fun. Along with the great forums and ideas you really can see alot on what track you need to be on and how much progress you have made. I hope to have alot of support on here because I have no problem with exercising; that part is easy to me because I love it so much, but I have no will power to say no to the food that comes across me. I would like to have the support of not only my fellow friends but other on here who have the same struggles. I will be there for anyone else as well. :happy:
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Be honest with yourself, seek support, and you'll do fine.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Welcome Kitn! I'm so glad you came on board! Don't forget to read the newbie sticky's...there's a lot of good information there, especially about eating your exercise calories (a very important step). The food and exercise journals are the bomb here!

Good luck in your journey!
  • kitn621
    Options
    thank you so much for the support and advice!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • ginastern
    Options
    I am just starting and have no idea which message boards are useful to a beginner...any suggestions
  • kitn621
    Options
    I just search through them all whether you are a beginner or have been doing this for years you can something from it all. I have just searched through all the topics and picked out ones that might look to be beneficial to me. Good luck to you!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Welcome, I'm kind of a newbie too. One of the tricks I use is convincing myself that everyone on the site can read my food log. It keeps me accountable to myself because I feel accountable to everyone else. I don't think it is true, but it has worked for me. Logging before eating helps too, you learn very quickly what things "Cost" and switch to healthier choices before you do the damage. Enjoy the journey!