i need a support system and also im new

Options
I'm allie I'm. 23 and a mother of a six month old and have a wonderful husband I'm very depressed cause I'm only 23 and weigh 206 pounds this is my heaviest weight :( my problem is I loveee fast food I have even watched videos of what they put in the food aznd ill still eat it... please help on what I can do

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! When I first read this I thought it said "Mother of 6" haha I was like YIKES! Anyways, I was a total fast food addict before too. Ate it almost every day and crave it all the time still! Mmmm makes me want a cheeseburger..
    You will find lots of support and recipe ideas here that put fast food to shame! We are all here for you! Good luck!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Hey I was at 206 5 months ago!! It's totally doable. Tough with a baby. My hat's off to you, you can do this!! I'm here, friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • Madison_Jayy
    Options
    i have the same fast food addiction every time you want fast-food put the money you would spend in a jar and see how much accumulates over a month spend it on clothes or save it for groceries
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,374 Member
    Options
    I was at 213.8 this past August 8th now I'm at 170.8. I WAS a fast food junkie too, at least twice a week. I LOVE this site! Everyone gives you sooooo much support! Just remember one thing its one pond at a time! One day at a time! If I CAN do this everyone can! Your wecome to befriend me! GOOD LUCK! :smile:
  • AnnaRocks79
    AnnaRocks79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm 32 Mother of 2 beautiful Children! My Son was born in 2008 (at 10 lbs 8oz) and my Daughter was just born 10 months ago in January and she was a big baby (12 lbs13oz) which now has brought me to my biggest weight 300lbs. Depressed is not the word......I was a fit person all my life, but as soon as I gave birth the birthweight stayed and made me feel selfconcious about everything in my daily life. My family ridcules and is negative about weight and says hurtfull things which has made me feel more horrible. Thank God for my Husband who pushes me and tries to motivate me to get to it and not to let anyone stop me from my GOAL!!
    I got my Christmas present early...exactly what I wanted...a membership to the gym (YAY) Love my Husband so much for motivating me and supporting me through everything. BUT Sometimes its nice to get that support system outside of the home.
    Today was my first day and I burned 300 calories and feel pumped for tomorrow. Slowly but surely I will get to where I need to be but I just have to realize it aint going to be easy and it aint going to be quick....so I have to get that old mind-set I used to have...that its apart of my lifestyle, my everyday thing just for me.
    Don't let anyone tell you "You Can't", cause it will make you want it even more!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,374 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm 32 Mother of 2 beautiful Children! My Son was born in 2008 (at 10 lbs 8oz) and my Daughter was just born 10 months ago in January and she was a big baby (12 lbs13oz) which now has brought me to my biggest weight 300lbs. Depressed is not the word......I was a fit person all my life, but as soon as I gave birth the birthweight stayed and made me feel selfconcious about everything in my daily life. My family ridcules and is negative about weight and says hurtfull things which has made me feel more horrible. Thank God for my Husband who pushes me and tries to motivate me to get to it and not to let anyone stop me from my GOAL!!
    I got my Christmas present early...exactly what I wanted...a membership to the gym (YAY) Love my Husband so much for motivating me and supporting me through everything. BUT Sometimes its nice to get that support system outside of the home.
    Today was my first day and I burned 300 calories and feel pumped for tomorrow. Slowly but surely I will get to where I need to be but I just have to realize it aint going to be easy and it aint going to be quick....so I have to get that old mind-set I used to have...that its apart of my lifestyle, my everyday thing just for me.
    Don't let anyone tell you "You Can't", cause it will make you want it even more!

Your kids are cuties thats for sure! It will get easier both the workouts AND eating healthier! :smile:
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just have to tell myself the fast food is just not worth it. I can eat so much more for the same calories and maybe even get dessert too! It won't be an immediate change overnight, and most of the time the journey will be hard but we are all here for you and you can do it! :) If you need a friend feel free to add me
  • AnnaRocks79
    AnnaRocks79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    THANKS HUN :D