Holy ****...ribs...

Options
I had no idea.....I just put in for 1/2 slab of ribs and they are 1700 calories...Just the ribs. OH MY GOD. I cant eat for 2 days now....I am speechless at this point

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I had no idea.....I just put in for 1/2 slab of ribs and they are 1700 calories...Just the ribs. OH MY GOD. I cant eat for 2 days now....I am speechless at this point
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Drink water and go for a walk! Lol, happens to the best of us, hope they were good at least!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yep your really only supposed to eat 1-2 thin slices..eekkk drink water and walk walk walk its still early in the day.im heading out again myself
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I love my mandarin ribs!! I usually do them on a day with TurboJam and a long evening walk (like 4 mi) afterward. It's hurts so good.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok....calm down..........deep breath.

Where did you eat ribs? What kid were they?

I just looked up Chilis Baby Back Ribs and they were 1000 for a rack. Now I do not think you ate 2 racks of ribs.

So where did you eat them? Were what kind were they?

:heart:
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    I try to preempt that. Like, when I was about to go to noodles and co, I put in what I wanted to eat first, to make sure it wouldn't bee too much. And it was. 900 calories! :noway:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    yeah dont go by what some other person entered for ribs... theres no way to know what kind they were. In some ways this database is great but in other ways it really sucks because there are so many things in it that just are NOT acurate. I would try to find out for yourself what the ribs you ate were worth, theres no way ribs are that many calories, even with tonnes of sauce. Try looking up the nutritional info for plain ribs and then find the sauce you used. Just a thought.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My HS moment was Olive Garden. Ordered the grilled shrimp over angel hair pasta. Had a salad, 1 breadstick.

Grilled Shrimp Caprese Serving Size: 1 Serving 795g; Calories: 1533, Total Fat: 47.9g, Carbs: 195.3g, Protein: 79.3g

Bread stick Breadstick (Olive Garden)
    Serving Size: 1 breadstick; Calories: 140, Total Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 26g, Protein: 5g

Salad Serving Size: 1 salad ; Calories: 201, Total Fat: 6 g, Carbs: 31g , Protein: 0g

From that day forth, I looked up my food before going out to eat!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ribs from calorie count about.com
    Serving Size 1 serving

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 1460Calories from Fat 603
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 67.0g103%
    Saturated Fat 26.0g130%
    Sodium 4870mg203%
    Total Carbohydrates 163.0g54%
    Dietary Fiber 12.0g48%
    Protein 75.0g

so with alot of sauce and this info you could zoom past 1700

so....question the data base and also question those who question the data base
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    what kind of ribs are we talking about here just to be clear?
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    ribs.......yummmy :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    what kind of ribs are we talking about here just to be clear?

that is what I said too. There are 10 different kind of ribs. The baby backs can be lean or fatty. there are so many veriables on ribs.

When I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...........I want my baby back, baby back, baby back......

I just eat em!! Enjoy em!! and dont log for that day!! Gotta keep on living!!

:drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    exactly

did u see the protein?

slammin with protein...ribs are a special occasion (Satudays?) HA

eat ribs once in awhile....like ice cream....you cant or shoujldnt eat it everyday
    but when you do take the good (taste) with the not so good (cals)

it all good

I love me some ribs
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    they were baby back ribs ( there were pretty big and meaty)...made on the grill. They were not labeled as being lean by any means. Used like 2 jars of BBQ sauce for 2 full slabs of ribs..
  • paulam221
    Options
    Put it into perspective. Yes, 1700 + calories in 1 sitting is a high but come on people we've all been there hence us being here. Not eating for 2 days is just plain silly. All that your doing is setting yourself up for a binge. Just take a deep breath, it is what it is. Think back to times when you consumed 3000 + calories in a meal and didn't even know it. You are aware and back on track. And at least you got that rib craving out of your system.
  • Jessicaaboggs
    Jessicaaboggs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say its happens to all of us...

mine was today...and i am also speechless....

I saw sbarro pizza in our student union and i was busy running between class and work, forgot my lunch on my table at home and was like ok ill just get one slice just cheese and pepperoni..

that cost me 760 cal for the 1 slice!!!!!!! :sad:

i guess ill be working EXTRA hard at zumba tonight :) we'll learn from our mistakes! HAHA!!:drinker: