Hallo, my name is Alitw8 and I need help.......

Alitw8
Alitw8 Posts: 5
edited October 5 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, my name is Alitw8 and I've finally taken myself in hand and admitted that I desperately need to lose a whole heap of weight.
I really don't fancy going to a happy clappy slimming club, but this site was recommended to me so here goes.
I'd be really happy to get support from anyone here who need some in return.
I used to be a midwife and run around the labour ward all day, thus keeping slimmer than I am now, but gave it all up 6 years ago to run a holiday park in Dorset with my husband. Fabulous change of lifestyle for us both, BUT my role is admin, so I'm much more sedentary and the pounds have piled on.........too much wine doesn't help either!!!!!
So I decided enough is enough, I'm 54 next birthday and after seeing Dawn French recently looking amazing, she's the same age as me, here goes.
I've got a wii so I'm boxing, bowling and baseballing and trying to do at least 30 mins most days.
This site looks to be just what I'm looking for - something I can do in the privacy of my own home but with the support of others.
I'd love to make some new friends here so that we can all get slimmer and fitter together.
Look forward to some success.

Replies

• marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    welcome feel free to add as a friend we will give you any help support and diet help just ask good luck. marie
  • Feel free to add me as a friend too. I need help, if adding friends on here is the best way to go, I'm going to do it to.
  • sent you a request for friendship. This really is a great site and hope you see compelte your journey.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 147 Member
    I'm sending you a friend request now. The hardest thing is to start and you're already well on your way so good luck for the rest of your journey!
  • PAWeissenstein
    PAWeissenstein Posts: 37 Member
    Feel free to friend me. Yes - having people to talk with and who support/motivate/encourage you is one of the best things about this site. Just remember - when things get tough don't give up and keep logging in. Do the food diary and at least make it visible to your friends here on the site if not to everyone.

Best of luck from across the pond.
  • Hi I have sent you a request as well. I am also new to the site. looks like your already on the right track. Support does help.
This discussion has been closed.