Chicken recipe for supper?

Options
buffjess
buffjess Posts: 382
Ok i need a good chicken recipe for supper..i would prefer something with boneless skinless chicken breast..Oh and sides too!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Ok i need a good chicken recipe for supper..i would prefer something with boneless skinless chicken breast..Oh and sides too!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Take your chicken breasts and put them in your crock pot with some taco seasoning , salsa and corn. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Shredd the chicken and make chicken tacos or wrap some up in a whole wheat wrap with some low fat cheese and sour cream . Super yummy ! :smile: :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm making the Biggest Loser New Orleans Chicken with Apricot Mustard Sauce, and some wild rice pilaf on the side.

NEW ORLEANS RUBBED CHICKEN WITH APRICOT MUSTARD SAUCE
    Ingredients:

1 tablespoon dried thyme
    1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    4 small (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat

teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    1/3 cup apricot 100% fruit preserves
    2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard

Instructions

Preheat the grill to high heat.

In a small bowl, combine the thyme, black pepper, garlic powder, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne to taste, and salt. Mix to blend.

Place the chicken on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with the oil. Rub to coat the chicken evenly with the oil. Sprinkle the reserved seasoning mixture over the chicken. Rub to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes for the seasonings to flavor the chicken.

Meanwhile, spoon the preserves into a small microwaveable bowl. Cook on low power in 15-second intervals, or until melted. Stir in the mustard until well blended. Set aside.

Place the chicken on the grill and reduce the heat to medium move away from direct heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and the juices run clear. Serve each breast with 2 1/2 tablespoons of the reserved sauce spooned over the top.
    Makes 4 servings

Per serving (1 chicken breast + 2 tablespoons of sauce): 197 calories, 26 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, <1 g saturated fat, trace polyunsaturated fat, 1 g mono unsaturated fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 245 mg sodium
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bake chicken breasts with garlic and lemon juice. Steamed broccoli on the side. Easy and fast and really yummy too.
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    I like to marinade boneless, skinless chicken breasts in Kraft's Sundried Tomato Vinegrette dressing, then bake them...delicious. Best to you always, Rick
  • mother23ts
    Options
    I'm making the Biggest Loser New Orleans Chicken with Apricot Mustard Sauce, and some wild rice pilaf on the side.

NEW ORLEANS RUBBED CHICKEN WITH APRICOT MUSTARD SAUCE
    Ingredients:

1 tablespoon dried thyme
    1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    4 small (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat

teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    1/3 cup apricot 100% fruit preserves
    2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard

Instructions

Preheat the grill to high heat.

In a small bowl, combine the thyme, black pepper, garlic powder, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne to taste, and salt. Mix to blend.

Place the chicken on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with the oil. Rub to coat the chicken evenly with the oil. Sprinkle the reserved seasoning mixture over the chicken. Rub to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes for the seasonings to flavor the chicken.

Meanwhile, spoon the preserves into a small microwaveable bowl. Cook on low power in 15-second intervals, or until melted. Stir in the mustard until well blended. Set aside.

Place the chicken on the grill and reduce the heat to medium move away from direct heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and the juices run clear. Serve each breast with 2 1/2 tablespoons of the reserved sauce spooned over the top.
    Makes 4 servings

Per serving (1 chicken breast + 2 tablespoons of sauce): 197 calories, 26 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, <1 g saturated fat, trace polyunsaturated fat, 1 g mono unsaturated fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 245 mg sodium
    this recipie sounds delicious!
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken tonight like this: take boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cut into bite size pieces. Stir fry in some olive oil. Meanwhile cook some whole wheat pasta (I'm using spirals). Add to the chicken the cooked pasta, some frozen green beans, 2 cans of tomato sauce, and spices of choice. This is a casserole I use all the time. I change the veggie, spices, and carb (can use rice, quinoa, etc.). My family loves it every time and it makes a lot for cheap.
  • tgedney
    tgedney Posts: 1
    Options
    I JUST downloaded this from Cooking Light.com; it's not boneless breasts, but I bet you could substitute the thighs for breasts...it looks GREAT! I'm having it tonight. See link below...

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1591042

Best wishes and good luck to us ALL!
    Sweet "T"
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I made skinny chicken cordon blue for dinner last night which my husband loved!! I took chicken breast and put 2 pieces of heathy one ham, and one skinny cow swiss cheese square on each chicken. I then rolled it up and secured it with a toothpick. I dipped it into egg whites and then breadcrumbs, and baked it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. They turned out soooo good and sooo creamy! Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I meant laughing cow swiss cheese :laugh: