For my Aussie friends...brands of pasta??

Options
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a lower calorie lower carb pasta option but really struggling.

Does anyone have any brands they can recommend?

Thanks

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to hear the answers... at the moment I've just been reducing the amount of pasta I eat (portion size) and increasing the vegies and sauce to fill me up.
  • Insinr8r
    Options
    Apparently Woolies sell Vetta brand of low carb pasta. Also health food stores sell low carb pasta. Not sure of brand. Also low carb products are available online.
    Hope this helps
  • Mummamac
    Options
    I'm interested to hear the answers... at the moment I've just been reducing the amount of pasta I eat (portion size) and increasing the vegies and sauce to fill me up.

Yeah same here. We just eat alot of carbs in this house (hubby plays football) and growing kids, busy lifestyle etc.

I'm happy for them to remain eating the 'normal' pasta if they don't want to make the change. I just want something that's healthier for me.
  • Mummamac
    Options
    Apparently Woolies sell Vetta brand of low carb pasta. Also health food stores sell low carb pasta. Not sure of brand. Also low carb products are available online.
    Hope this helps

Thanks!! Will look tomorrow :-)
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Like kr, I also eat a small serve of pasta and add in veges on the side. But I love my pasta and would love to find out if there's a lower carb one.
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am Mrs Google have you tried googling to see what comes up?
  • Mummamac
    Options
    I am Mrs Google have you tried googling to see what comes up?

Yeah I'm a google queen too...and I have but it's alot of online stuff which I was hoping to avoid or it's American product.

I might go to the local health food store tomorrow :-)
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Please let me know how you go by posting on your home page, if you find something.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I have seen "low carb" pasta in the past... but I would really have to ask the question - what's the point of that? iIf they take the carbs out of pasta, what are they replacing them with?
    In my (oh so humble!) opinion, eating a moderate amount of the real stuff isn't likely to be a problem.
  • CoolBos
    CoolBos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try pharmacies,
    Chemist's own used to sell this Quinoa pasta which I usually buy from the Internet.
    http://www.iherb.com/Andean-Dream-Quinoa-Pasta-Gluten-Free-Fusilli-8-oz-227-g/31547?at=0&rcode=PEV216
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Changs make a super low cal noodle that says you can use instead of pasta. It is like a rice noodle but is made out of a vegetable that is naturally low in carbs. Its 20 calories for 200g and as it doesn't need to be cooked is perfect for an Asian style salad but not sure if you would love it with pasta sauce or not. You can buy it at a normal supermarket so worth a look
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I replaced spaghetti pasta for strips of zuchinni. I sauté it and add salt and pepper. It's tasty, and healthy!
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I replaced spaghetti pasta for strips of zuchinni. I sauté it and add salt and pepper. It's tasty, and healthy!

awesome idea!!