Do you compete in Triathalons in Perth, WA?

Options
Does anyone on here do triathalons in Perth?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    But I'll be watching the Ironman in Busselton this weekend :)
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Unfortunately i'm not that game to attempt a triathalon yet!
    But if you're looking for info on events i find the HBF fitness website helpful

Looking forward to the next HBF run in May 2012 :)
  • Katie187
    Options
    I do the BRW Corporate triathlon every year, it is nornally around mid March........i think it is a 400 m swim (in the river....gross),
    10 km bike ride and 4 km run......or you can just do one leg.....and i think they are taking entrys now.

We do it with a bunch of people in our office and it is nornally a fun day out.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    in the river? ew :p
    I'm also interested in findout out triathalon training squads or something like that, might just train myself, or with a buddy, but worth checking out. i will look at hbf website at home

Thanks ladies!!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    OK, i give up,,, I lived in WA all my life (54 years),, where's the heck is Perth?
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OK, i give up,,, I lived in WA all my life (54 years),, where's the heck is Perth?

WA = Western Australia... World is just a tiny bit bigger than USA...

On topic: haven't thought of doing any triathlons. I finally picked up running and can do 10kms now... but not sure of the swimming part.
  • Rachiepie6
    Options

On topic: haven't thought of doing any triathlons. I finally picked up running and can do 10kms now... but not sure of the swimming part.

Lol maybe I should have written Perth, aus :p

I can swim, need to work on the running (slowly, shin splints), cycling, well I can ride a bike, not sure how fast or how far though lol
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel, have you tried this link? You might find useful info here http://triwa.org.au/

They usually have a list of clubs close by who will help with training sessions as well as a calendar of events :)
  • Rachiepie6
    Options
    Thanks heaps!!
  • spottedlee
    Options

Oh,, no wonder! :embarassed: