I'm sick...

Options
I am sick right now, stuffed up, coughing, aches...the works. I worked out for about 25mins yesterday on my elliptical, and felt so exuasted I thought I might fall off the machine! Is there any good mild workout you would reccomend? Do I work out, or relax and get better? Will over doing it just make recovery harder? Let me know what you think! Thanx!

Replies

• Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would take a break, get better and then resume. No point dragging things out. My view anyway. Get better soon.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Take a break - particularly if you are aching - your body needs to put all the energy into making you well. :flowerforyou:
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would take a break, get better and then resume. No point dragging things out. My view anyway. Get better soon.

I agree. When ill, the body needs rest. One or two days off the training schedule shouldn't make any difference. :) Get well soon.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat until yesterday. I wanted to workout so bad, but when I did I also felt like I was too exhausted to finish! I ended up taking 5 days off and resting everyday. IMO, that is the best thing. I also was taking Emergen-C every day, which I think helped speed up my recovery! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!!
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you push yourself too hard, yes, you can make your recovery longer, and you can make yourself sicker. If you really feel like you have to do something, go for a walk.
  • seanlilly
    seanlilly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please get some rest.. you will recover and feel so much better when you do..
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out since Friday sue to strep throat. It totally sucks but I know my body needed the rest and I don't think I could have gotten through it anyway! Rest up!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I am sick right now, stuffed up, coughing, aches...the works. I worked out for about 25mins yesterday on my elliptical, and felt so exuasted I thought I might fall off the machine! Is there any good mild workout you would reccomend? Do I work out, or relax and get better? Will over doing it just make recovery harder? Let me know what you think! Thanx!

Welcome toy your own personal REST WEEK!!!!!
    YAY!
    Trust me...
    1 step backwards....10 steps forwards!
    Your body needs sleep and food so enjoy!
    =D
  • bmjohnso9192
    Options
    THanks eveyone, sounds like I will be skipping the workouts at least until I can breathe a little better, or take it super easy... I will just have to make sure to eat healthy. If I can manage to maintain until I am better, I will be satisfied!