Lose 30lbs in 30 days??

Options
Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 30 days?

I would really like to be able to fit into my Christmas dress. I'm 5'9.5" and 275.5 pounds. I'm willing to do anything aside from surgery or chopping off a limb. I work 2 jobs and go to school and when I'm not doing that, I'm studying or sleeping... Working out is really hard to fit into my schedule, but I could probably manage doing 4 hours on the weekends.

Is there anything I can do to reach this goal???

Edit:
I know I can't probably do it healthily and it may not stay off. I don't care. I need to do this. Please help me.

Replies

• abrantner
    Options
    Not sure if that's possible or sustainibly healthy to do that.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Not possible (at least in a health manner).... Aim for 2 lbs per week. Then buy a dress that will looks good and fit you at that size.:flowerforyou:

If you are looking for something quick, you are setting your self up for yo-yo dieting and ultimately...weight loss failure
  • Helenuh
    Options
    I know I can't probably do it healthily and it may not stay off. I don't care. I need to do this. Please help me.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If you havent got time to workout that goal Is unrealistic beond belief. If you workout and try hard you could do 14lbs in 30 days x
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    that's an unachievable amount, in effect 1lb a day - not gonna happen no matter how much you try.
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1-3 lbs a week is healthy.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I dont think thats a realistic goal unless you are the BL Ranch.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I know I can't probably do it healthily and it may not stay off. I don't care. I need to do this. Please help mt.

Then why wait 30 days until Christmas to lose 30 lb by Christmas? I guarantee that if you crash diet, you will end up back where you were (plus more). Not worth it.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Just read your profile. Your setting yourself up to starve. Seriously fruit and green tea for breakfast and a salad for lunch with water and skipping dinner is just going to make you poorly. Do it safely and stay healthy.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I know I can't probably do it healthily and it may not stay off. I don't care. I need to do this. Please help mt.

Then why wait 30 days until Christmas to lose 30 lb by Christmas? I guarantee that if you crash diet, you will end up back where you were (plus more). Not worth it.

my thoughts exactly! Aim for 2 lbs a week. Excercise and eat healthy. Crash diet and your body will take the toll. Not worth it!!! Been there and done that!
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in 30 days but I was found 30DS and C25K! I cant imagine the unhealthy habits that would come with the goals you have set. But at that weight and if you busted your but and stuck to your calories it might be do able but I doubt it!
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sure, I guess you could if you really tried, but I"m not sure how good you'll look in that dress on a hospital bed because you screwed your body up hehe

Just do your best until then to be healthy and find a dress that looks good :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Just read your profile. Your setting yourself up to starve. Seriously fruit and green tea for breakfast and a salad for lunch with water and skipping dinner is just going to make you poorly. Do it safely and stay healthy.

You actually just took the words right out of my mouth.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    deleted
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ....I'm stressing to lose 5 lbs by Christmas. That will be my 30 lbs goal - and I started in July.

Best bet? Buy a new dress or find a friend to borrow one.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I average about 3 lbs. per month and have lost 16 lbs so far. If you were a professional weight lifter or athlete, maybe you could? It takes a whole lot of activity to burn off that kind of weight. I know how you feel though. On the other hand, maybe try for toning and shaping. My first 8 lbs took 3.5 inches off my waist--that was enough to move me down a couple pant sizes. Do you measure yourself with a tape as well as the scale?
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The science behind the numbers

You weight 275. You want to weigh 245 in 30 days. That's losing 11% of your body weight, or 1 lb a day.

Bust your *kitten* and burn off 15 lbs of fat by eating 1500 calories and exercising 4 times a week. You MUST exercise during the week. Only on the weekend won't cut it and you'll be too sore to do anything and won't have the energy for a sustained workout.

No weight lifting.

Then when you lose that 15, get one of those body wraps that sucks alot of water out of you. Your skin will be tigher (b/c it doesn't have water). You can't take a shower -- else the weight will come back and you shouldn't eat or drink.

Does that sound reasonasble? NO! You are working, and I think you said going to school. You need energy for that. A fast loss could end you up in the hospital.

I'm with the others -- get clothes that fit and be healthy. Maintain your muscle, maintain your water and do a slow fat loss.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    youve been here a year. i think you already know the answer to the question.
  • Helenuh
    Options
    I do use a tape as well.
This discussion has been closed.