I never thought that i would say i love the gym

Options
Been going to the gym for around 3 months and i have to admit i really do enjoy being there. Its a place where you can go and chill out and enjoy yourself.

Or am i being a total weirdo.

Anyone else feeling like me.

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Unless I have a gym to go to, I am not nearly half as motivated to workout as I am just running on outside. Sure its nice to get some fresh air but its also fun to have a little competition in your head with the next person on the treadmill!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love it! :)
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yep, I feel the same way. If I have to miss a day at the gym I get cranky.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i love the gym. i put my son in the daycare there and while he's running around getting all his energy out im tuning everyone out with my music and just being alone...and since i work from home with a toddler this is the only "me" time i ever get...so no, not weird :)
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm totally there now, too. Took me about 6 months, but now it's fun to go.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    :happy: it's totally my happy place. just like my bed
  • dragonfly1178
    dragonfly1178 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I used to hate going now, I can't wait to get there. If I miss a day I go crazy.
  • VictoriaAStone
    Options
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! Been a member for just over a week but years ago when i used to go i absolutely loved it, it makes me feel so good!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Love it! I look forward to going, even on the weekends. I have also noticed I am staying longer and longer..haha.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I don't get to regularly go to the gym, because of so many schedule issues with work, kids, and trying to keep house, etc. But since I started MFP almost two years ago, I am happy to say that I love to work out. I use dvd's, my exercise bike, hand weights, walking, and my favorite--running. I used to dread working out and see it only as another item on my to-do list. Now I see it is "my time", I know I'll feel better when I finish, and I know how it helps me out calorie-wise, so I see it as postive, not negative. I actually seek ways to fit it into my schedule. This has been a huge help in my health journey! I think it is the way MFP lets you "earn" calories by exercising, instead of figuring a certain amount of "required" exercise into every day. The old way, I felt like a failure if i didn't exercise. Now I just compensate and eat less if I don't exercise. Since I like to eat, it makes exercising a very positive experience for me! I can see the numbers and appreciate just how I am benefitting!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The only place I am motivated to actually work out is at the gym so I dont think you are wacko! I just cant make my butt move if I am at home.
  • anzabeth
    Options
    The gym is the one place I can go that kids, hubby, work, and worries can't follow me. All I have to think about is one foot in front of the other, the next set, the next rep, the next minute. For that hour or so nothing else exists. It is my selfish time. All about me. And I love it!
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love the Gym!!!
  • zainabdice
    Options
    I love the gym , It feels strange when I miss a day.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym I especially love the fuzzy feeling I get after exercise. I feel as though I have acheived something and it helps me wind down and relax x
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Love my gym and the people (most) there! Made friends who notice when I'm there, what I'm doing, and even if I have a new pair of shoes: D

To those not loving their gym; go and make connections with other people. You will be surprised at how much that helps you to enjoy going. When you find a workout difficult, very often they do too. When you succeed, they celebrate too : )
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I love the gym. I've been missing out on a lot of gym time lately too-driving me CRAZY!