1200 cals

Options
Hi there
does anyone else find it really difficult to eat 1200? i've tried yesterday and today and not be able to, i've come in at around 1300 both days - any hints? or advice?
thanks
N

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Do 100 calories worth of exercise and then you can eat 1300.
  • njoithomp
    Options
    are you eating your workout calories?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    either change your weekly weight loss goal to a smaller amount and get more calories and/or exercise, when you exercise you get to eat more and lose the same amount of weight.
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I find that I have to eat less frequently. I work at a hospital and often don't have an actual lunch instead I was snacking throughout the day. Even though most days it was healthy: yogurt, cottage cheese, apples, granola, carrots, cereal, oatmeal... the calories added up and I always finished the day thinking 'I didnt have lunch I can have a big diner' The truth was I had eaten enough calories to consider it a lunch it just had been spread out. I find I do better when I sit down and have larger meals I feel more satisfied and am able to come closer to my calorie goal.
  • Morning and mid-day foods should probably stay as fruit and veg.
    Then have an average sized portion of something in the evening.
    And exercise.
    Look for a NET calorie intake of 1200, rather than just a food intake of 1200.

So, if you eat 1500, make sure there is 200 calories burnt by exercise.

:)
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    you look kind of small.. when you're close to your weight loss goal, there really isn't a reason for you to be eating that low. if adding 100 calories to your goal increases your chance of success i'd rather stick to 1300 then stay down at 1200
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is probably not enough. I am 5/4 and eat 1470 to lose. I feel much better and have energy to get through the day.
  • kittycarson
    Options
    Do 100 calories worth of exercise and then you can eat 1300.

Great advice!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    It is difficult to give suggestons when your diary is blocked. It's all a math game to me. Calorie intake compared to calories burned.
  • Pancake86
    Options
    Just plan ahead. You can also go online and find set meals for certain amount of cals.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    At first it's hard, but then you find little ways to eat the same volume of food with less calories. Ex: fruits, veggies, lean protein, lower cal cereals, breads/wraps, almond milk instead of regular milk.....
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Copy the diet of an 8 year old
  • carrie_eggo
    Options
    Just plan ahead. You can also go online and find set meals for certain amount of cals.

I agree, plan it ahead of time.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I find it incredibly hard to reach 1200 calories every day. I feel nervous when I get too close to it. Also I feel satiated without hitting that point. I imagine that's "wrong", but there are days when I hit or even exceed 1200 (the weekend!).
  • mrsneen
    Options
    Hi all, what great responses, i didnt expect so many of you to respond! thanks!

i've unlocked my diaries now, so it should be visable, let me know if its not!

great suggestions that i'll take on baord, i need to get exercise in there, but i work full time and have my own business part time that i do evenings and weekends, so the best i can manage is exercising maybe 3 times a week, the other days i guess i'm stuck with my lower intake!

my weight at the mo is 195.8lbs, and i want to get down to around 140lbs, so a fair way to go yet!
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 cal a day,,,, thts what they do in WW >>> I do not colunt certain fruit and veg ...( dont exagerate the fruit though, 2 portions a day)
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well I've looked at your diary, you seem to be doing well on 1200. Maybe if you desperately want to get to 1200, cut out the butter from your brekkie. Also, snacks like the pasta mug thing probably aren't going to sustain you for very long and are quite high cals considering – maybe go for a banana or some nuts instead.

Also though, can you balance out your week/weekend a bit more? Not much point fretting over 100 cals during the week and then not sticking to your cals at all on the weekend... easy trap to fall into and I do it too... but much easier to cut 100 cals from your sunday roast than it is to cut it from your weekday 1200 cals.
  • carrie_eggo
    Options
    My diary is open so if you want to check it out you can. The month of October I stayed in the 1200 cal range most of the time. Now I am pretty much at my goal so my calories are higher. But check out October if you want....

NOTE: I think it's important to have one day every couple of weeks where you eat more, even if you're way over. This helped me to not feel so deprived all the time and I think it gives your metabolism a little shock.
  • mrsneen
    Options
    Thanks again guys, i usally am better at wknds but we were away for hubbys birthday and out on the town and then mother in laws for sunday roast, both of those things dont happen on regular wknds, so my balance is usually better.

god plan to cut out the butter from the toast etc, i gues when your working with such small calorie amounts every little really does help!!

Carrieogg, i tried to look at your food diaries, but i couldnt see them, so i friend requested you, hope thats ok.
  • carrie_eggo
    Options
    Thanks again guys, i usally am better at wknds but we were away for hubbys birthday and out on the town and then mother in laws for sunday roast, both of those things dont happen on regular wknds, so my balance is usually better.

god plan to cut out the butter from the toast etc, i gues when your working with such small calorie amounts every little really does help!!

Carrieogg, i tried to look at your food diaries, but i couldnt see them, so i friend requested you, hope thats ok.

hmm.....though it was open. Sorry!