HELP PLEASE!

I feel completely out of control when night time comes around, i do good during the day and stick to my diet real well but then once i get home and settled in i want to eat everything in site... the part i am most confused about is the fact that im not even hungry! idk i am doing this to myself? any thoughts, suggestions, or people who deal with this as well?

Replies

• save calories for the night time- cuz u know u are gonna eat them...and pick out healthy snacks that u like and make urself only eat those...foods high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats will not only be tasty but good for u...and u wont feel so bad eating them
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    boredom? I was doing that because I was bored, I started to craft and do things around the house and hardly ever eat in the evening - just my dinner and my pre-planned before bed snack now.
    Maybe find something you like doing -reading, crafting, scrapbooking etc. that keeps your hands busy and away from the kitchen.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Your compensating for something. Your trying to fill a hole with food. You eat when you are not hungry. You have a need that is not being met, so you're trying to fulfill it with food. What's going on in your life right now? You have to be able to think this through, examine yourself and your feelings. Recognize what you are lacking and try to find another way to fill that emptiness you are feeling when you are not distracted by work or other things (as such is the case during the day when this is not a problem).
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    save calories for the night time-

^ That.
  • releaseme526
    releaseme526 Posts: 1 Member
    Im in the same boat. Maybe we should go to sleep or drink water?:happy:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    save calories for the night time-

^ That.

And find something that you love and enjoy to do with the time at night, at home. For me it's reading on my Kindle, MFP or hanging with my family. You may need to tweak nightly routine... just a thought
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Your compensating for something. Your trying to fill a hole with food. You eat when you are not hungry. You have a need that is not being met, so you're trying to fulfill it with food. What's going on in your life right now? You have to be able to think this through, examine yourself and your feelings. Recognize what you are lacking and try to find another way to fill that emptiness you are feeling when you are not distracted by work or other things (as such is the case during the day when this is not a problem).

I completely agree with this. I used to eat when I wasn't hungry all the time, and it wasn't until I figured out what was really missing in my life that I was able to stop eating for reasons other than hunger. As you deal with it though, it is a good idea to save up some calories during the day in case it happens... but when you feel yourself reaching for some ice cream or pizza or whatever it is... think about what just happened right before you wanted food... Did you feel lonely or angry and did someone say something that upset you earlier in the day... You may not always be able to stop yourself from eating, especially when you first start but being aware of what emotion is causing it can go a long way.

hope that helps