Heres some MOTIVATION

Options
Hi, I have been on my weight loss journey for awhile now about a year and half. I used to be 265. Now I am 217. I've gotton close to ONEderland and gained back some in recent months. But I am determined more then ever to get there. I have one life to live and I absolutely refuse to live it obese or overweight. I have kind of been beating myself up about gaining the 20 lbs back when I was so close, until I put in my Wii Biggest Loser Game that I haven't played in FOREVER... the message comes up and says welcome back, it has been more then 3 months since your last weigh in, please weigh in (It has really been like a year since Ive played it) and the screen shows that my last check in was 251 pounds. I thought WOW, here I am being so hard on myself for gaining some back that I lost sight of the fact that I have still lost 48 lbs from where I started from. I just basically wanted to try and give someone out there some encouragement, instead of being upset that you maybe didnt lose one week, instead, be excited that you didn't gain. Instead of being upset you didn't work out for 2 hours, be excited you worked out for 30 minutes. No matter how slow you go on your weight loss journey, at the end of the day, your still walking/running laps around everyone still on the couch.

Replies

• JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! GREAT motivation!! Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! congrats to you!
  • VictoriaAStone
    Options
    So true and i hope you are proud of yourself!!! You should be :D
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    So true! Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes as you continue on with your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Perfectly said. Thank you so much for this post. My weekly weigh in is today and I really needed this. :flowerforyou:

Crystal
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I started out at 251 last November and at my lowest this year have been 208. Thought I'd be able to get to one-derland by end of year but with horrible back pain and PT I might not make it. I need to be easier on myself too. :)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm old enough to be your mother but our weight numbers are the same. I have been trying to get into onederland for a year or more. I keep backsliding just before I get there! I decided it's a mental problem I have, an emotional hurdle.

You are so right, we have to just keep on working at it and never lose sight of the success we have already achieved!

You have a double success IMO because you are doing this while you are still young. You can change your habits for a lifetime. I wish I had tried harder in my 20's! You rock!
  • Miss_ladyp
    Options
    Love this post. Losing site of what we have accomplished is something we can all relate to. I hope everyone continues to be encouraged on their journey to a healthier individual.