Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Options
jen2607
jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
So is anyone else excited that RHCP has announced United States tour dates? They are the band that I used to say I wanted to see in my lifetime. I thought I might never get the chance.

This announcement comes as sort of bittersweet news to me. I have other friends I am going to attend the concert with, but for me I will always associate them with my ex. They played the theme songs to countless road trips, life events, and funny stories. He is the person who could most readily identify with each and every song. Although it has been 2 years since we broke up, we had always planned on seeing them together, even if just as friends. However, in the past few months we've broke off contact so it looks like I will be seeing them with 3 of my good friends.

It's probably going to be wierd and maybe even sad watching them with other couples, but it is an opportunity I am not going to miss. In the end, engaging in this alone is probably for the best. We would probably enjoy ourselves, but once the show is over so will be the peace treaty and we can't seem to communicate without bringing out the worse in each other. In the past few months I have been working really hard on becoming someone I can respect and love, and that does not work if I allow negative influences in my life. Each day I'm getting more excited, and I can't wait for the concert! I just thought I'd write all this down, because I don't want to burden anyone with these conflicted feelings , or to have them think that I am less than excited to be going to the concert with them (because truly, it's going to be a good experience).

Replies

• JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I LOVE THEM!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I used to love everything about them but their new stuff just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. :(
  • Tortoisegirl7
    Tortoisegirl7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love them! :D
  • westy917
    Options
    I used to love everything about them but their new stuff just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. :(
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love 'em. They've grown and changed so much over the years - I love their first few albums, as well as everything since Californication. Thanks for letting me know!
  • jen2607
    Options

Did you like "Stadium Arcadium?" or is just the newest album you don't like? It is different, but their sound always changes. I'm sure they'll play songs from all over the place.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i did hear this!!

i love every album they have ever came out with..
    the new album is pretty badass actually.. idk why people dont like it
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I love all their stuff....BSSM has got to be my all-time fave, though. Anthony Kiedis just gets sexier and sexier!!! I swear he has not aged a day since 1991. I last saw them in 2003, can't wait to go again! RHCP for life :-) :-)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

Did you like "Stadium Arcadium?" or is just the newest album you don't like? It is different, but their sound always changes. I'm sure they'll play songs from all over the place.

Not so much. But my favourite album is Blood Sugar, everything after that went slowly and steadily downhill towards Stadium Arcadium's standard.. Especially One Hot Minute when John Frusciante left, that was not a good album. Of course I like their hits but some of the songs on Californication and By The Way aren't so good either. :(
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I got my husband tickets to their last tour and I went with him. I was dreading going to the concert. I had so much fun at that concert! It is probably one of my favorite concerts of all time.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Love them and everything that they have ever made!
  • jen2607
    Options
    One Hot Minute was my least favorite too. I don't know. Californication and By The Way had some prettty good "hidden" items that weren't hits. I guess I can just relate to them overall more than any other band depending on where I am in life and the mood. It's just versatile. I'm excited.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    props to you for going to your concert and owning it! i have an ex (well, my only ex, i guess...) that is very much tied to music too. pretty much everything i dig, he introduced me to (chili peppers, pearl jam, live, nirvana, smashing pumpkins - all the good grunge-type stuff). and we dated back in 1995 or so, and i'm now almost 10 years married to someone waaaay cooler than he was, but certain songs still bring him out of the woodwork of my mind. enjoy it and keep it for yourself!
  • jen2607
    Options
    props to you for going to your concert and owning it! i have an ex (well, my only ex, i guess...) that is very much tied to music too. pretty much everything i dig, he introduced me to (chili peppers, pearl jam, live, nirvana, smashing pumpkins - all the good grunge-type stuff). and we dated back in 1995 or so, and i'm now almost 10 years married to someone waaaay cooler than he was, but certain songs still bring him out of the woodwork of my mind. enjoy it and keep it for yourself!

:) Thanks. I feel I have had enough time away to know what I truly like and I like my taste in music.
  • jen2607
    Options
    I have 2323232 things going through my head, this is something to look forward to
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ob. Freaking. Sessed. I saw them in 06 with the Mars Volta (love them too), and I hope I can afford the tickets for the Atlanta show this tour.
  • jen2607
    Options
    Ob. Freaking. Sessed. I saw them in 06 with the Mars Volta (love them too), and I hope I can afford the tickets for the Atlanta show this tour.

That's the one I'm going to!! Tickets were sold out the last tour before I got a chance to go. Not this time.
  • jen2607
    Options
    I didn't get them. I tried for an hour and a half to get tickets by phone/online. Stupid Stubhub snatched them all up and is now selling them for 3 times as much. A little part of me died inside. I'm going to try to get tickets for the Columbia show and just do the drive.
  • david581c
    Options
    Bummer, no california shows :t
    RHCP has always been on of my favorites, somehow i ended up being a RHCP walking encyclopedia.
    John Frusciante solo isnt bad either, well, some of the tracks are a little hard to understand; to put it nicely :s
  • jen2607
    Options
    I like John Frusciante's solo stuff too . I'm curious as to how this tour is going to sound without him. I'm sure they'll announce more shows ( and definitely California). They have about a month gap in the dates right now , they'll probably fill it in soon. I'm about to try to order tickets to the Columbia show at 10. Wish me luck!