need a push back on track

Options
for the past few days i feel like i'am slipping back into old eating habits i feel like non stop snacking on not so healthy foods i'am still logging and trying to stay in my calorie range of 1200cals i 'am not hungry i just want my comfort food i have been doing 1200-1500 cals for the past few days and i'am starting to get worried.. so i need some advice motivation to stay on track and stop munching.. my food diary is open in case you all are curious.

Replies

• tinydancer24
    Options
    Looks to me that you are still under your calories for the day. It has been a rough couple of days for me as well with the holiday weekend. I log everything even though I may have gone over here and there. Everyday is a new day to begin again. No need to beat yourself up over the past.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. When you feel like munching drink water. Also dont' buy snacky foods (only fruits and veggies). Out of sight out of mind. If you have an office job and your desk is full of snacks, get rid of them. I've found these things have helped me cut down on snacking tremendously.
  • twildmann
    Options
    I hear ya. I have been the same lately. I have been trying to allow myself 1 "not so great" snack a day....but I try to replace the really bad things with items that are fewer calories (to try to stay in my range). I have found fiber one brownies are only 90 calories but taste great...especially the peanut butter ones. I also eat the slim fast peanut butter crunch bars. They taste exactly like butterfingers, but only 100 calories.

I wish you luck!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I would advise you to drink more water during the day and prior to your meals. Continue to hang in there and keep asking questions here on MFP! As you will see, you're going get a lot of great advice on this one. Good luck Dear!
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I would say take a minute to recognize anything around you that's changed. Stress can trigger a drop in motivation a peak in cravings and so on. Try to tackle the real issues. It could also be you're not giving yourself enough fun food. And what I mean by that is... don't deprive yourself of flavor and satisfaction. Try to incorporate yummy healthy meals/snacks to ensure that you don't crave what you already get! Switch up your meals, drink more water, get in an extra bit of exercise. Just start with little changes mixed with a mindful attitude of figuring out what's triggering you - then you'll be able to get back into the game in no time.

Hope that helped! :)
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i don't think there's anything wrong with snacking! it looks like you're making wise choices and staying within calorie limits. snacking for me helps me feel less deprived and is a huge factor in my ability to stay within my daily goals. i think you're doing a great job!