P90X cardio?

Any1 know how many cals you burn, when doing P90X cardio???

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    it would be different for anyone, and depends on which workout. I would venture to guess between 400 and 900 calories depending on age, weight, height, gender, intensity, number of breaks and which workout you did.
  • What do you mean by which workout? I did the Cardio Cd in P90X :-) finished it all, exactly how i was meant to.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    You need an HRM...the kickboxing one typically burns 600 for me.
  • I'm doing Insanity, which I have heard its much alike. and he is right between 400-900 calories. I'd be safe to say 500
  • I'm doing Insanity, which I have heard its much alike. and he is right between 400-900 calories. I'd be safe to say 500
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    maybe close to 400 calories, but NO where near 900! I can do the 60 minute plyo (which is WAYYY more intense than the cardio) and I burn 422 calories. Female/150lbs.

but it truly does depend on your heart rate and intensity.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    it would be different for anyone, and depends on which workout. I would venture to guess between 400 and 900 calories depending on age, weight, height, gender, intensity, number of breaks and which workout you did.

^^^^ This
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member

^^^^ This
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    I though you where just refering to cardio in the P90X program which would be plyometrics, kempo and cardio X. Since you did cardio X my statement would then change to "...400 and 750 calories depending on age, weight, height, gender, intensity, number of breaks you took, etc."
  • I don't find the P90X cardio to be very challenging (other than the PLYO, that is challenging).
    I burn at most 300 for Cardio X and the Kenpo and 400 for Plyo.
    But it depends on your size, fitness level. I wear an HRM for all P90X workouts.

And no cardio from P90X competes w/ Insanity, IMO.
  • LizzetteRamirez
    LizzetteRamirez Posts: 26 Member
    Yeap, you need a Heart Rate Monitor and you will know exactly how many calories you burn.