Elliptical Owners

Options
I would like to purchase an ellpitcal for christmas. 400 is as high as I can go. Seriously. I am buying a new car so I am lucky I can even afford the elliptical lol.

So what kind do you have?
How much was it?
Do you like it?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Make sure it has electronically adjustable resistance.
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    we had a cheap gold's gym one from Walmart and it was terrible. It was loud, and poorly made and broke very quickly.

We now have a Pro-Form which is better than any elliptical i've ever used, even in a gym. But they are more expensive, However our Health insurance (United Health Care) has a program that lets you get discounts on gym memberships and discounted exercise equipment. You might want to call your health insurance provider to see if they have any kind of specials.
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a Horizon Andes 500 HRC and paid about 700 euros if I remember it right. (between 900 and 1100 $, depending on the exchange rate)
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i have a proform that i love. my mom has a nordic track that's awesome. we both paid $600 new for them. definitely look into used equipment though! there are so many for sale in our area on craigslist right now and most of the listings say that the equipment was hardly ever used.
  • bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a Nordic Track E7- brand new, but bought it from someone who didn't use it for $300. Love it and loved the price! My suggestion is to hit up your friends on facebook first to see if anyone has a "used" one because a lot of times, people buy exercise equipment thinking they are going to use it, and then they will sell it for cheap because it "takes up too much room". Just a thought! :happy:
  • saraemily5
    saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go with a nice used one from craigslist or something like that. many people buy them then let them sit around then sell them at half the price even when it's in great condition. Someone gave me a cheap old one and I used it for about a month before I looked into buying a nicer one- the cheap ones SUCK. then I decided to get a membership at the YMCA instead- it is only $21/month in my town! So worth it. I only did elliptical for a while, but after I got bored with that after a few months I was able to move onto things like rumba, cycling, and running for no extra cost. If I had bought an elliptical it would have only gotten a few months use and now would be collecting dust but I still use my YMCA membership at least 4x a week. So bottom line I would look into a gym membership. :)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Definitly checked craigslist but my issue is getting it home. Everyone I know as little cars..myself included. I just checked the nordic track website and they have a nice one for 6..and I can make monthy payments.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    sorry to say, but with exercise equipment like that, you get what you pay for. i agree...try and buy something higher quality that's used