Raw Carrots

Options
What is a good dip( if there is one) that I can eat sometimes with raw carrots? i love eating them as a snack but would like it better if I could have a dip or something with them. Trying to get away from Ranch dressing.

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hummus.
  • lmvandruska
    Options
    Baba Ganoush or Tzaiki (lowfat with Greek Yogurt)
  • almost50now
    almost50now Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have made a fat free spinach dip using fat free sour cream, ff Greek yogurt, and some ff mayo. I put lots of steamed, chopped spinach in it with some chicken bullion granules, garlic, and whatever spices sound good. Sometimes I use curry or lemon pepper. The mixture is always different depending on how much of what is in my fridge.
  • Becciquinn
    Options
    I like zesty italin dressing. It is really low can and if you are dipping you can even get the fat free or low cal.
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I make homemade hummus for raw veggies...and the kids love it in their school lunches too!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese wedges are great!
  • haley_b_87
    Options
    I like zesty italin dressing. It is really low can and if you are dipping you can even get the fat free or low cal.

This
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I love making a plate of raw veggies and hummus. I use raw carrots, broccoli, and whatever else I have laying around, along with a toasted low-cal pita. I was really surprised how good it was the first time I tried it, and now it makes up 60% of my lunches when I'm not in the mood for a salad.
  • cochilles
    Options
    Nothing. Eat them raw,, so much better and healthier
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My husband, son and I all enjoy grated raw carrots mixed with a little balsamic vinegrette.
  • stonergrlily
    Options
    Basalmic vinegar.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hummus.

^^^^this^^^^ Thats all I eat anymore with my raw carrots!! I :heart: it!
  • nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Salsa!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Recipes for 3 kinds of hummus that I made for a birthday snack day at work.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/397732-hummus-trio
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms has a "calorie free" dressing line.

I use it only for the dipping of carrots into "ranch" It's just the way I like my carrots and it's worth it for me :D I haven't had a problem finding them in most regular grocery stores, and they have a lot of flavors.

http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-Calorie-Dressing-Ranch/dp/B000U8Z4VW/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1322589019&sr=1-1
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping on the Laughing Cow Cheese bandwagon for this one!

Love them!
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have to agree laughing cow is awesome on anything :)
  • Kris10can
    Options
    LAUGHING COW!!! LOVE IT!!!! Just hoovered some on celery!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Like others have said... Hummus!!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I mainly eat mine raw - but i do occassionally do up a dip 0% plain Chobani greek yogurt and a small spoonful of ranch seasoning from the packet...I use the individual serving size of the yogurt and maybe a teaspoon of the seasoning -

I know a lot depends on the carrots I have - some bags i get they are so sweet and flavorful it's like eating candy...others are sort of bland and dull tasting...so I only pull out my didp when i wind up with the blander carrots