hi!! i'm new...

Hi there! I am a married 32 y/o with two fun kids and am so excited to be here! I hear MFP is a huge network of support, organization, and education. How does the friend aspect work & what is YOUR best MFP advice to a new girl?! I have a bunch of weight to lose but am motivated and excited to lose it!! Be well...

Replies

• GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Stay motivated - small changes - create goals and reach them - strive to do more at each level.!!!

You can do this!!!

Drink plenty of water, low sodium, good protein!
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Hi Welcome to the fun :D

Just stay positive, but if you feel a bit down (it happens to us all) just say it here....people are fantastic at helping and keeping you motivated :)
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    It is important to not only stay motivated, but to log food/exercise regularly. Whenever I start to slack, like last weekend, I gain.
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    I guess I am lucky because I like routine I find the log in bit easy....weekends are the hardest for me,...I have to not be lazy and keep busy
  • Hi. I just started, too. 45 yrs old. married with 2 children (23 and 14yrs old) . Very motivated. I'd like to lose about 20-30 lbs by next summer. I've only logged meals and exercise for 2 days and it's already been very enlightening. You just never know how much you're consuming until you log it all in. It has motivated me even more to change my lifestyle. I've got my workout all planned for this evening. I would love to add you as a friend (if I can figure that out) so we can motivate each other. Goodluck in your weightloss journey.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    I have narrowed it down to 2 things.

Stop eating processed food and drinks. (yes, thats pretty much everything except lean meats, fruits, vegatables, water and a few others)
    Start working out every day so you break a good sweat.

Doing it and sticking to it is another story, its never perfect but I still lost a few pounds not working out and following the eating part.
    I don't excpect anyone to be able to follow this to the T in the real world especially with kids, I have 2 of my own. Its hard and the only thing you can do is try. Its a lifestyle change.