Corticosteroids

Options
Just wondering if anyone who has taken prescribed steroids for an allergic reaction or swelling ever experienced depression un instability when taking them? I've been reading on some case studies and more often than not most people experience depression/suicidal tendencies when taking them. I just started taking them and I've been gloomy as hell. Crying all the time and feeling completely unmotivated. I just want to see if anyone else has experienced these side effects???

:sad: :grumble: :frown:

Replies

• coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I've been on them multiple times an the only "side effect" I ever notice is an insane craving for carbs. Like I could eat an entire loaf of french bread. Hope you are better soon. :) Talk to your doctor if you are worried about it.
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    Yes. I had to take them twice this year because I'm severely allergic to poison ivy - & I had two major outbreaks this year. They put me in a blah mood, depressed, down in the dumps.. they also make you retain water, I feel like crap every time I have to take steroids. It is horrible.
  • wheezymc
    wheezymc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Just finished a round a few weeks ago and I was a hot mess. They also made me super hungry and unable to sleep which pretty much sucked. It gets better. {{{{big hugs}}}}
    Feel free to add me if you need some support :)
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys... it's making a lot of sense now. I've been extremely bloated too. Grrrrr... I'm glad this will be over soon.
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    My doc. told me they make you retain water & push up your BP. The last time I took them was in September, and I weighed 224 @ that time. After I came off the steroids, I shot down to 216. I was holding that much excess water!