Switch kicks : 86
Power jacks : 38
Power knees : 63
Power jumps : 28
Globe jumps : 4
Suicide jumps : 22
Push-up jacks : 10
Low-plank oblique : 23

I've always suffered of short break/lack of stamina. I've been on a strict diet for 4 months now I've lost 18 kgs ( 39.6 lbs ) so I'm feeling really tired and exhausted after just going up the stairs due to lack of power and energy. I'm 172 cm tall and now 59 kgs(130 lbs) I don't want to lose any more weight just reduce my body fat percentage from 15% to something less than 10%.
I just bought insanity and it turns out to be way harder than I thought , I nearly passed out after the fit test!
any suggestions ? do you think I should carry on doing insanity ?

Replies

• iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you should carry on with Insanity.

I think most people starting Insanity for the first time feel like they got hit by a bus the first week or so. Seriously - I am in great physical shape and Insanity was still really hard for me. That's the point - Insanity is for those insane fitness crazies that want more than your typical workout. You will see improvements if you stick with it, I promise. The first day you might have to stop a lot and only be able to do about 50% of the actual workout, but then the next week you might be stopping less and able to do more. Also, Insanity burns an awesome number of calories, so you'll be able to eat more and/or lose weight faster. You can do it!!

oh yeah, and consider taking something before/during the workout for energy - I recommend ON Amino Energy (grape flavored :) it gives you that push to keep going.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more if you're this low on energy. Lack of energy has nothing to do with losing weight but it does have everything to do with improper fueling. I can go and run 10 miles and stil have the energy to come home, clean the house, run errands, all of that because I eat properly. Look into adding a lot of protein into your diet (at least 130g) and make sure you're eating enough. If you're eating enough, you'll have the energy to do it.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    what does your food intake look like ? if you are not eating properly insaanity can wear you down so make sure you are getting your proper nutrition. I would say keep pushing forward, you can do it. there also is a insanity group on here, or you can numerous support threds on the www.teambeachbody.com message boards.
  • theponyplayer
    Options
    Yes you should! I don't usually like video workouts, but his are interesting and you definitely see and feel a difference within the first couple of weeks. Also, if you get bored easily then you have a few options to choose from. I usually do the Cardio Abs workout if I am in a hurry/i don't really feel like working out for 45+ minutes. Plus, he is hot, so that should help. :happy:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Carry on, give up if you don't want progress.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Keep going! But take the advice from the above posters when it comes to fueling your body.

I did mine yesterday, and I'm looking forward to increasing my numbers in the coming fit tests. :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more if you're this low on energy. Lack of energy has nothing to do with losing weight but it does have everything to do with improper fueling. I can go and run 10 miles and stil have the energy to come home, clean the house, run errands, all of that because I eat properly. Look into adding a lot of protein into your diet (at least 130g) and make sure you're eating enough. If you're eating enough, you'll have the energy to do it.

This!

After my first half marathon I was pretty surprised at how much energy I had! After my marathon I spent the next day walking around NY. It's all about food and proper recovery. Keep at it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you should carry on with Insanity.

I think most people starting Insanity for the first time feel like they got hit by a bus the first week or so. Seriously - I am in great physical shape and Insanity was still really hard for me. That's the point - Insanity is for those insane fitness crazies that want more than your typical workout. You will see improvements if you stick with it, I promise. The first day you might have to stop a lot and only be able to do about 50% of the actual workout, but then the next week you might be stopping less and able to do more. Also, Insanity burns an awesome number of calories, so you'll be able to eat more and/or lose weight faster. You can do it!!

oh yeah, and consider taking something before/during the workout for energy - I recommend ON Amino Energy (grape flavored :) it gives you that push to keep going.

i'm with this guy. i'm in halfway decent shape, and i did a crossfit session, and i was going to die at the end of it. i convinced myself to sign up for eight sessions, because the body does feel run down, but just because it's not used to it!! keep going, you will get better.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I've always suffered of short break/lack of stamina. I've been on a strict diet for 4 months now I've lost 18 kgs ( 39.6 lbs ) so I'm feeling really tired and exhausted after just going up the stairs due to lack of power and energy. I'm 172 cm tall and now 59 kgs(130 lbs) I don't want to lose any more weight just reduce my body fat percentage from 15% to something less than 10%.
    I just bought insanity and it turns out to be way harder than I thought , I nearly passed out after the fit test!

What is your macro split like throughout the day and what do you eat before working out? In addition to just increasing calories, these two things may help a little with energy as well.

I'm the sort of person that likes pushing the limit on things. If I'm not dead tired afterwards I don't feel like I did a very good job. So if it were me, I would do it. That being said, you aren't me. You need to look at how you handle the workout, and if you would be able to stick with Insanity given how hard it is. If you can't stick with it, the best regime in the world is worthless. It really comes down to what YOU can do.

Good luck!
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Here are my results :
    Switch kicks : 86
    Power jacks : 38
    Power knees : 63
    Power jumps : 28
    Globe jumps : 4
    Suicide jumps : 22
    Push-up jacks : 10
    Low-plank oblique : 23

you're at a solid weight for your height. and assuming you're female, 10% bf is pushing it. If you're at 15% now, you're in excellent shape, I'd shoot to reduce it to maybe 12 or 13% if you still want to go lower. But if you have low energy, you really shouldn't push yourself through insanity. Take some time, rest, eat clean, eat a lot, and regain your strength and energy first. I can't see your diary so i don't know what you're eating like but try getting more complex carbs from veggies and whole grains and protein. I've personally noticed that i feel sluggish and exhausted all the time when i stick mostly to fruits and light veggies (like bell peppers, onions and mushrooms) and cheeses. When I'm exhausted but need some serious energy I'll eat some steamed broccoli and cauliflower and white meat, preferably chicken or pork- turkey makes me sleepy with a sweet potato or a slice of plain toast. It seems to give me a much needed boost of solid energy that lasts for at least 3 hours before my next meal.

Good luck.
  • Marwanyne
    Options
    Thank you all for your support , you guys really motivated me. I'm so going to carry on , lets hope its gets a bit easier for me though.
  • Marwanyne
    Options
    I'm male not female :p
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    I'd say keep going. Might want to get p90x to do a hybrid so you can also gain some muscle. But you have to make sure you are eating enough.
    I just did the fit test with my son yesterday. We got pretty good scores. :) I did pretty good for a 45 year old lady. I'm going to do a p90x/insanity type hybrid because I like strength training.
    He doesn't have much fat to lose and likes to train his upper half. I told him if he wants to see better results he should build up muscle in his legs and that should help him lose that small amount of fat. He wants to do insanity to get more fit. He's 23, 5'10 and 180 lbs right now and wants to lose 10.

Your height and weight, sounds really like you should work on muscle building and eating at maintenance. Use insanity for fitness.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Insanity is definitely a tough workout but it's very effective. I think the cardio portion is even tougher than the p90X, but that's why I like it. Don't give up on yourself, though. Take breaks as you need them. Just be sure that you are being safe, but you will definitely get a lot from what the program has to offer.
  • Meesh57
    Meesh57 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here are my results from my first fit test. My only goal is to improve all of my numbers by day 60.

Switch kicks : 51
    Power jacks : 53
    Power knees : 75
    Power jumps : 25
    Globe jumps : 8
    Suicide jumps : 12
    Push-up jacks : 17
    Low-plank oblique : 30

I'm satisfied with my results =)
  • Marwanyne
    Options
    Here are my results from my first fit test. My only goal is to improve all of my numbers by day 60.

I'm impressed with some of your results , its really good. You did more push-up jacks than me , guys should be able to more than women i guess , so hats off to you :). Power jacks , suicide jumps and low-plank oblique also.

Keep on the hard work (:
  • Meesh57
    Meesh57 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I'm impressed with some of your results , its really good. You did more push-up jacks than me , guys should be able to more than women i guess , so hats off to you :). Power jacks , suicide jumps and low-plank oblique also.

Keep on the hard work (:

Thanks! I was honestly surprised with my numbers as well. I just kept pushing. Took a break if I needed it, then did some more.