Cold, wet and rainy. Running alternatives?

Options
2»

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but something tells me the OP wasn't looking for a barrage of self-righteous posts about how lazy and unmotivated she is for not wanting to run in the rain...:huh:

I run in the rain. I don't melt.
    I also don't think that I should project my own expectations and preferences onto everyone else.

She was looking for suggestions, not judgement. The forum's full of judgement - She could just as easily use the search feature for that. Let's all try to help each other out, instead :happy:

/rant
    that which doesnt make you stronger only makes you weak and will likely kill you. Subject yourself to every possible hardship in order to make yourself better

Also I live in Iowa and Ive been to Florida a few times. When people are telling her to go run its because running in what she is referring to as cold isn't that bad at all. The Low for today is 39 in the coldest part of Florida and a high in the mid 50's. 45-50 degree temps are perfect for running. It seems cold at first but once you get going its great. I would run in shorts with no leggings even in those temps. The rain is just an added bonus cause nothing is more calming and relaxing as a nice long run in the rain.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    If you have an ipod touch you could download the Nike Training Center app for free. IT's for females (although males could definitely use it too...and I think there is another app for the boys) and it has tons of free workouts. Plus, you can add your playlists and use music as motivators. They have cardio workouts and strength training and HIIT workouts. It's pretty good!!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but something tells me the OP wasn't looking for a barrage of self-righteous posts about how lazy and unmotivated she is for not wanting to run in the rain...:huh:

I run in the rain. I don't melt.
    I also don't think that I should project my own expectations and preferences onto everyone else.

She was looking for suggestions, not judgement. The forum's full of judgement - She could just as easily use the search feature for that. Let's all try to help each other out, instead :happy:

/rant

is this not you projecting your own expectations of what you think we should do? lol

i was only encouraging her to run in the rain, for if she runs a marathon there is a possibility it could take place in the rain :)