Starting Over...Again

Options
Hi all. I been away from the site for about 20 months, and in that time, I've gained 25 pounds and feel pretty miserable - both physically and emotionally. I had tracked my food intake for about 6 months prior to stopping and was doing well, so right now I feel a bit defeated. However, I know I'll do well again, and would love to hear how any of you have motivated yourself to start back over again. Thanks.

Replies

• tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm back again too---gained about 15 lbs since last summer and feel disgusting! I'm hopefully back on track now, but just started yesterday! Welcome back!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just think of my overall health, and my 3 boys. I have a 19 yr old and a set of twins who are 3. I want to be able to chase after them, and keep up. Then one day.... not to soon though I want to be around and able to have fun with my grandchildren. I also look at my immediate family members and everyone has diabetes EXCEPT for me; so with God's help I'm going to stay focused and do what I need to do!

WELCOME BACK!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    me too......question?
    how do you make a post..
  • charm9
    charm9 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im also starting again. I have tried several times before and been successful but then it always goes wrong, however a minor health scare plus getting married are my new motivators. Good luck to you Im sure u will be great x
  • JerBear195
    Options
    I saw this quote from a lady on another site. "Nothing taste as good as it feels to be thin!" I printed this quote and put on the fridge and the "junk food" cabinet. I make sure I read it everytime I grab a snack. It makes you think twice and sometimes it will turn you away. I have lost almost 60 pounds but can't contribute all that to just this note! Good Luck! Hang in there until you get that first compliment...that's the best motivator!
  • candeebandland
    Options
    THanks for that quote..I'ma modify it to "healthy" in lieu of thin...I want my "thickness" just not fatness lol
  • torange
    Options
    WOW! So far, I'm already smiling and feeling the motivation. The overall theme so far is that my health impacts more than just me. I need to remember that I want to be around for my 9-year old goddaughter and my family (who also have a very high % of diabetes). I've already made some changes to what I was going to eat today, even though I LOVELOVELOVE Thanksgiving leftovers. But OK, one day at a time. We're doing this for the greater good, people!! :)
  • torange
    Options
    Hi. When you were scrolling through the topics (and found this one), towards the top of the page, there is a green button that says "New Topic". That's how you can start a new topic and have people respond.