help! 22 broke and fat

Options
hi im tasha im 22 and 262 lbs i have been on yo yo diet every since i was 10 yes 10. the only thing that would work for me is weight watchers bujt i would lose sum weight get content then stop then gain the weight all back but now i have no extra money to get weight watchers or buy food much less i eat watever is at my job for free and i work in a major fastfood chain i thought about stop eatin meat since it cost so much but i dnt kno i love chicken. any suggestion support will help.

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    lol.. feel free to add me and try to follow what i do ;) i'm 23
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Any bean or legume that you can buy dried and then fix in a meal for the week or something. Quinoa is a good protein too. I would stick to chicken and healthy sides/ salads at work. Hang in there.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Do you have old weight watcher materials? I count points with all my old books and it's going slowly but I am losing. Or,count calories on here...it's free! :) If you need supportive friends then you can add me. Good luck,I know all about yo yo'ing,unfortunately.
  • AliasSha
    AliasSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I work at a movie theater so I always want to have movie theater food because I get it at a discount.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start! Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends to support you in your journey.

Good Luck!
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can eat fast food & stay healthy cut out the bread, breading & sauces. Eggs are great & cheap. get veggys on sale in season. Good Luck I know that is the hardest for me.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Chicken is cheap. frozen veggies are around $1 per bag. Rice, potatoes, and pasta are cheap. Eggs and Milk are pretty cheap as well.
  • candeebandland
    Options
    Add me...I'm a single mom of two and eat frugal and healthy as possible!
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i have them but without the meetings i feel no comment. i guess i need to give um a try
  • sal22408
    Options
    Its hard to pass up a free meal! You can still try and make healthy choices . Not sure which fastfood chain you work at, but almost all seem to have at least a few healthy options. unbreaded grilled chicken breast or beef patty WITHOUT the bun...a salad....water with lemon...baked potato with chives. Just a few ideas.
    Its probably not easy being around so much yummy naughty foods but if you make a conscious effort in your choices (even if your choice is bad), the idea is to be aware. The choice is yours and maybe some days will be better than others? ...but if you think about it first you're on the right path.
    My biggest struggle is when i eat without thinking....if its there and i eat it JUst Because. grrr...frustrates me!
    Good Luck!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    A major fast food chain would have decent salads, right? Bring in your own dressings and double the grilled chicken.

Invest in a crock pot - seriously, you can do magical things with a crock pot and less expensive cuts of meat (chicken, really, is what I mean). And chicken breasts (with and without bone) go on sale regularly around here.

Throw in your meat before you leave for work, set it on low for 8 hours, and you've got enough cooked chicken to use in soup, salads, sandwiches, wraps, whatever floats your boat.

Shop the grocery sales - all of them, not just one store. Get on their mailing lists and know the days when their sales change.

Clip coupons. You can get fantastic deals when you can match up coupons and weekly specials. Be careful about those, though - so many of them are for totally unhealthy things (crescent rolls and cookie dough, anyone)?

See what generic options are available and if you don't see something you want, suggest it. My grocery chain recently started making a generic whole wheat spaghetti, half the price of the other stuff and just as good, can you believe it???

Thing is, eating healthy on a shoestring can absolutely be done, but you have to invest the time and in planning and preparation. And yeah, you're not always going to have time to put your lunch together, but with some work, you'll make it a habit.
  • tashatashae
    Options
    thank everybody for the suggestions. i heard sumbody say i maybe a creep if i have no pic up?
  • tashatashae
    Options
    i work at wendys yall
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Does your work have healthy options on the menu? You could fill up on salads with grilled chicken at work. I know some fast food places offer fruits as well as they try to give healthier options.
  • jenlynxoxo
    Options
    Hey, I'm 28, and I'm broke constantly. If your main source of food is food from work, take what you usually eat and cut it back. Even foods filled with fat and carbs you can still lose weight if you just cut back on what you eat and make sure you drink plenty of water.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    i work at wendys yall

Examine their nutritional charts for their foods and choose accordingly. It's a bit hard but not impossible to eat decent there. Definately add exercise