looking for someone to relate to

Options
I'm 31 and really struggle with my weight..even my lil 5 year old says how big I am..but its so hard to loose weight..im really trying to

Replies

• missduck1
    missduck1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate your honesty. I too am 31 years old and have two boys and struggle with my weight. My 6yr old like to push my stomach and reminds me that is jiggles. Be encouraged, I have lost 17 lbs it took me almost 8 months to do it though. I plan on meeting with a dietician to help me rework my diet to lose at least 20lbs.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 32 with a 4 year old.... You can do this. It isn't easy, but you can. Just take it a day at a time. :)
  • apgabriel915
    apgabriel915 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom but my little sister is about 12 and we all know how kids are. When I listen to her I start thinking about my weight but I know that I'll get it taken care of and they just don't have little filters on their mouths so I try not to take it personally. We'll win the weight battle. It's a daily thing.
  • alissa21480
    alissa21480 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    your right...its so much work to loose weight.....i guess u really have to take it 1 day at a time ugghh
  • EarlyResolution
    Options
    I can related...In our 'I want it now' society, it's hard to step back and realize that we can't lose this weight right away. It took years to put it there, so it's going to take some time and lifestyle changes to lose the weight. Small changes can make a big difference. I put my exercise ball and small hand weights in the living room. While I'm watching tv, I can exercise without really knowing I am. I figure its got to be better than sitting on the couch.

Goodluck.
  • liza_diaz16
    Options
    Just started this today as well. I have been struggling with it for almost 16 yrs. It is very hard, but remember you have to do it for yourself. We want it to be instant...even thought we know it's not. It will not be easy...but you can do it if that's what you truly want.
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    My 6 yr old has told me my belly is big before - I was putting makeup on in the mirror and looked down and sure enough he was right. There it was just hanging over - gross - I feel your pain.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, and my 4 year old says things like that to me all the time. It hurts, but try not to let it discourage you. You can do this, for yourself and for your 5 year old!
  • Tonnenator
    Tonnenator Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 39 and have a grown son who's adopted. I've never had little kids but I've had plenty of them at stores ask me if I'm going to have a baby, which is ultra painful for me since I've never been able to conceive. Also I have nieces and nephews and kids at church who have pushed on my belly and told me "You're fat" and I want to slap them! I was "chubby" off and on as a kid and was mercilessly bullied by kids at school who always told me I was fat even when I wasn't. Please, please people - the power is in YOUR hands if you're a parent. Teach your kids to respect everyone - even fat people. Because if they're saying that to you, just think what they're probably saying to that little chubby girl or boy in their kindergarten class. If they're old enough to speak then they're old enough to start learning the word 'respect'. Just sayin.
  • laughingdays
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new to the site also. I have two kids who like to make sure I know just how "squishy" I really am...my oldest who is eight started laughing at me a couple nights ago because my whole arm was moving really fast while I was waving to my other daughter. Totally hurt my feelings....

But at the same time I want to make sure she sees me go through getting heathy the right way...so here I am...a squishy mama hoping to be a healthy mom to my kids and show them AND myself that I can still look good while driving the mini-van. :wink:
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is getting started......after 2 weeks it just becomes what you do. Learn the correct amount to eat, learn to have cheat meals, and learn to enjoy exercise...Find something that you like to do, not what others like. You've made the biggest decision to get started and that's what counts.
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also new to this site, and in fact, this is my first post :smile: I can totally relate to what you are going through. I am also 31, and I have a 12 year old (meaning I am still trying to ditch the baby weight from my 12 year old "baby"!). I remember my daughter saying once, when she was 4 or 5, "me and dad are the skinny ones and mom and kitty are the chubby ones"! From the mouths of babes...

I totally agree that it's hard to lose the weight. I have started and stopped a million times, and constantly ask myself why I can't lose weight faster - it seems to just fall off for other people I see doing the same kinds of things I am doing. It's usually so discouraging that I end up going back to indulging a few weeks later.

Keep sticking with MFP - I am just now starting to see (*small*) results, and I really think it has everything to do with being honest about what you're putting in your mouth. I also agree with other posters about taking it just one day at a time. I tend to look out into the future and think "Okay, if I keep eating well and exercising every day, I should be able to drop 15 lbs by _____". It's great to have goals, but I'm starting to realize that it's important to celebrate the little every day victories too, and also not get sidelined by the little defeats. Soon enough the weeks will pass and the good you're doing will outweigh the bad choices. Baby steps!

Best of luck to you!