New to the journey!

Options
Hello Everyone!

I'm Desirae, 24yrs, married for 6yrs & have a handsome 5yr old! I have never been overweight until I had my child 5yrs ago and gained 90lbs that stayed + more! I have tried to diet, go to the gym and more but never follow through with it. I met my moms insurance lady the other day and she has been doing MFP and exercising and lost 40lbs since April so it was a big eye opener to me that I need to jump on the bandwagon.
So here I am today! Day 1 and it's been a good day so far! I want to loose about 75-100lbs and get back to my old self. I am tired of looking this way, and I am embarrassed for my husband. The good thing is my mother is on this journey with me so I will have someone to ride along and help each other out. Now we did try Zumba out tonight and holy cow- I think a little part of me died! Whew that is a lot of work out! I will be joining Planet Fitness that just opened in my town and will be going every morning when I drop the little one of at preschool.
I can't wait to see the pounds to drop and can't wait to join in on the forum for lots of motivation & tips.

P.S. You may recognize me from TLC Extreme Couponing- Can I say that I am even embarrassed to admit that is me! I swear real life camera add 10lbs! :)

Replies

• BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Welcome! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Welcome! it is great that you already have someone to support you on this journey. It sounds like you have some plans for meeting you goal already - that is great!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard! you will love this site.. add me if you like:smile:
  • SeanaG42
    Options
    Way to go Missy!! WE CAN DO IT!!! AND WERE DONE WERE GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO!!!!
  • Fockertots
    Options
    Welcome.
    This is THE place to be for support an even guidance when needed.
    Feel free to add me :]