Skeletoes?

Options
Any thoughts on working out in skeletoes? I wore them to Zumba last night and LOVVVEEE THEM, didn't want to take them off! But, a lady in the class said she broke her foot in skeletoes! Think it's the shoe or technique??

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend wears his vibrams all day everyday. It strengthens your feet and aligns your spine for proper posture. The only reason I could see someone hurting themselves in them is being clumsy and I'd imagine they would have broken it in normal shoes too.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I just wore a hole though mine. Need to get another pair. I love them. Workout in them all the time, or barefoot...
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i dont have them but am asking for them for xmas, i would love to have them being that i have medical issues and many surgeries resulting in a lot of shoes hurting me so i hope they are as awesome as you say they are :)
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    beginner runners DO NOT run in them. I made that mistake and couldn't walk for a day or two. but for everyday wear I love them.
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of these, tho I have seen them around. I like to workout barefoot at home and I think I will love these for when I start back at the gym thanks for sharing this....
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The thing with vibrams adn skeletoes is that you have to wean on to them. Not everyone is meant to wear them, you have to have flat feet, strong ankels and calves. Barefoot running is new, this whole barefoot evolution is popular but most doctors are steering away from them because of the stress it puts on the body. People new to running, overweight, with knee and hip issues, and prone to weak bones SHOULD NOT wear them.

Just wear with caution and becareful.

* I have the vibrams, and love them- but I weaned on, went slow and I am very leg strong.