HRM

Options
I see alot of posts from people that use HRMs. I am curious about purchasing one for myself and would like opinions about the best brand for the price.

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Polar! I got my FT4 on Amazon for around $60.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find most MFPers use Polar (that's the one I saw the most when I was researching), including me. I got my FT7 on Amazon for about $65 before shipping.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Love my polar FT4. I paid $90 at Target but didn't realize at the time they were so much cheaper on Amazon.
  • tdupree71
    Options
    I have a polar .... Luckily, it was my wife's when I met her and she let me use it ..... LOVE IT!
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    with the polar's, do you have to wear a chest strap?
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Yes. Most HRMs have a chest strap to get a more accurate measurements of your heart beats.

It's adjustable and actually pretty comfortable. Once I have it on I don't really notice it.
  • ddecarr
    ddecarr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sportline is my brand. Seems to work well.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Yes, and it's a good thing b/c heartrate monitors that use a chest strap are the most accurate since they are reading your heartrate continously as it changes during your workout. HRMs w/o a chest strap don't track the many changes over the course of your workout.

It really is very comfortable - it is adjustable and the back is elastic. You wear it under your breasts/bra, not over the top if that helps you visualize. Kind of like the bottom band of a bra.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the input! think I will be looking into purchasing a polar hrm soon!