Hi, everyone!

Options
*waves* HI, I'm new! Recently turned onto mfp by my sisters and am quickly growing addicted. I work out a lot (marathoner) and am not looking to lose weight, but I want to clean up my eating habits (in hopes of improving my running speed, increasing my energy and MAINLY clearing my skin! I'm 32 and I break out like a teenager still!) I'm in the midst of a 2 week cleanse right now to detox post-Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas, and then I'm looking forward to settling into a cleaner, healthier diet. Happy to be here! :smile:

Replies

• lowellheddings
    lowellheddings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Know what you mean about the skin thing, and Proactiv is a royal pain in the rear. I'm curious if diet can really change it.
  • saschoolcraft
    Options
    I've heard dairy is a *huge* target, which is one of the things I've currently eliminated from my diet. Refined sugar, as well. I'm definitely noticing a bit of a difference already and it has only been four days, so we'll see!
  • lowellheddings
    lowellheddings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What's interesting is I'm pretty sure in the little proactiv book they give you, they say food has nothing to do with it. Dunno if it's just marketing or not.
  • glittergirl09
    Options
    Hi
  • itsthatfatgirl
    Options
    What's interesting is I'm pretty sure in the little proactiv book they give you, they say food has nothing to do with it. Dunno if it's just marketing or not.

Definitely marketing.
    What you eat can really make a difference in a lot of things.
    Generally, I would eat fast food, really oily and fatty things like fries, onion rings, fried chicken. However, once I started eating healthier foods, like salads and grilled chicken, instead of the nasty stuff, my skin really started clearing up. I was totally amazed.