Santa Shuffle - Walk, Jog, or Run 75 Miles this December

Options
Shuffle your way fit this holiday season by committing to tackle 75 miles during the month of December. With a goal of less than 2.5 miles a day, you should be able to acheive this. Feel free to walk, jog, or run to counteract all those holiday goodies.
If you are new to the Couch to 5K, this will be a great program for you – the walking/running combo should bring you close to 2.5 miles a day.
Think you can’t commit? This should require just 30-45 minutes of your daily schedule. Walk around and see the lights in your neighborhood, help your pooch burn off that extra turkey, take a few much needed minutes to yourself, spend some extra time with your spouse/partner/friend - nothing better than a nice walk or jog to reflect on the day’s activity, or to kick your day off.
Check-ins are every Saturday:
December 3- 7.5 miles complete – that Turkey should be melting off by now.
December 10- 25 miles tackled, or 1/3 of the way to the goal – you should have energy to sign and send off all those holiday cards.
December 17 – 42.5 miles down - you should have an edge over those last minute shoppers
December 24 – 60 miles you own – you are now coming down the home stretch, and that Santa outfit should require some stuffing now.
December 31st - 75 miles finished - you will be rocking that special new year’s eve outfit.
January 1st – a lot of towns are offering New Year’s 5ks, please think about going out and supporting a good cause, and start the new year off on the right foot.

Please message me if you are interested in joining this group

Replies

• sweetbasil13
    Options
    yes ma'am!
  • sputnika
    sputnika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm in. it sounds like a challenge but I've just received my first Leslie Sansom DVD and I also power walk a couple of times a week so I ought to be able to do it. And it'll be a great preparation for the excesses of Christmas!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Im in :)
  • lstd
    lstd Posts: 40
    Options
    Just soo sent you a message.. I would love love to do this.. I have a 2012 goal of running a 5k!!
  • efarrar13
    Options
    I am in! Let's go into the new year on a high note!
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in! i need the accountability!
  • Christine021467
    Options
    I'm going to do it! I think I'll need to sneak walks in during the day to add up some miles!:happy:
  • sputnika
    Options
    I didn't quite make the 7.5 target for yesterday but I did 7.
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN AS I NEED TO GET BACK TO MY WALKING REGIMEN AND THIS WILL PUSH START ME BACK INTO WALK MODE.

DEC 1 -- 1.4 MILES
    DEC 3 -- 1.0 MILES

73.6 MILES TO GO.
  • queenstatus
    Options
    COUNT ME IN AS I NEED TO GET BACK TO MY WALKING REGIMEN AND THIS WILL PUSH START ME BACK INTO WALK MODE.

DEC 1 -- 1.4 MILES
    DEC 3 -- 1.0 MILES

73.6 MILES TO GO.

DEC 5 -- 11.0 MILES

TOTAL MILES 13.4 MILES -- REMAINING MILES TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE IS 61.6
  • sputnika
    Options
    Total up to Sunday 11 Decembe'r 23 miles. Only 52 miles to go!
  • queenstatus
    Options
    TOTAL MILES FOR DECEMBER AS OF 12/25 IS 61.4 MILES WITH 13.6 MORE MILES TO GO. I CAN DO THIS!!!!!