new to FPal

Options
Hi, I'm new to Fitness Pal. I got tired of paying for Weight Watchers when I can get good help through this site. I am also doing P90X. Anyone else? I'm wondering how to combine the calories suggested here with the needs of the P90X program.

Tropics01

Replies

• ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    welcome!!!! this is a great place for motivation!!!
  • melissanem
    Options
    Hi Everyone, im new to Fpal, to and thought this would be a great way to get in shape for summer. everyone keeps talking about P90X program, what is it?
  • propelrunrebel
    Options
    The support I'm getting is not only holding me accountable, but also really inspiring. My advice, make lots of friends online. When no one else cares about whether or not you get fit and healthy and happy, the people here will. Seeing other people's success and receiving encouragement and advice has been the most effective thing I've come across. Don't give up.
  • Tropics01
    Options
    Eating a lot of protein! It seems like I am constantly hungry on P90X unless I eat protein!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,032 Member
    Options
    Does P90X have a nutrition plan?
  • gr8birdie
    gr8birdie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will help you or not but when I spoke to a nutritionist they kinda laid it out this way.
    Protein should be about 30% of your calorie intake
    Fat should be 20%
    Carbs should be about 50%

So for example let's say you were on a 1300 cal/day diet it would look like this

90g protein (30% of calories) 360 calories
    45g fat (20% of calories) 400 calories
    130g carbs (50% of calories) 520 calories

Hope this helps......add me if you like