Very VERY silly question

Options
Does one's bladder eventually get bigger? Lolol. The reason I ask is because I TRY to get my water in. I drive a school bus and there is nothing worse than having a full bladder in the middle of my bus run (I drive from 6:45 - 9 AM and 2:42 - 4:45 PM). I bring water with me because I don't like being dehydrated. There seems to be no win-win situation.

Thanks for reading my very silly question.

Replies

• kimibunny
    Options
    I can't say anything about bladder size, but you will eventually have to pee less often if you continue drinking decent amounts of water daily.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Not literally, as far as I know. But you should get used to it after a while. I would not have any trouble going 2 or 3 hours without a bathroom break. (How much are you drinking?)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    You need one of these. You're welcome.

pit-stop-portable-urinal-system-761062.jpg
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not a silly question at all! I agree that being in the middle of your route with a full bladder does not sound like fun. But I agree with the others, you will eventually start going less once your body adjusts to more water.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    size queen
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've heard that teachers tend to have larger bladders than the average person due to not being free to leave when they need to, but I certainly can't say if that's true or not.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    not a silly question at all. I don't have a problem when I drink a lot of water. But I also work from my home so I have access. It's the coffee that fills me up. I'd like to see what others have to say.
  • MMC5335
    Options
    When I go through times of not drinking enough water, I get bloated really bad....lots of water retention. Then, when I start making sure to get my water in, it all starts coming out in very, very high frequency. So, maybe your body is just letting go of all the water it was holding onto when it thought you weren't going to give it enough :)

4694868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    You get used to it. Nurses can go 12 hours without a bathroom break. Of course, we rarely get to grab a drink either.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    No but your body will kinda of 'cycle' where you have to go about the same time every day... you just have to train your body to go after the route and go when you get a chance before it even if you dont need to.
  • cycle_queen
    cycle_queen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's really bad to hold your bladder! You are more susceptible to getting UTI's!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Do you get dehydrated in 2 hrs? I think your bladder stays the same
  • SharadaRose
    Options
    You get used to it. Nurses can go 12 hours without a bathroom break. Of course, we rarely get to grab a drink either.

So not true! It just feels like 12 hours at times. Especially during Surgery!
    Now the drinks on the other hand is so right. A camel pack would be a great idea for Nurses week gifts...
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Do you get dehydrated in 2 hrs? I think your bladder stays the same

Not dehydrated, but I hate that thirsty feeling.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's really bad to hold your bladder! You are more susceptible to getting UTI's!
    It's probably worse to pee in the bus.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    Options
    It's probably worse to pee in the bus.

Ah ya lol. I somehow don't think that would go over well with the kids :-p
  • OnMyWeigh464
    Options
    You need one of these. You're welcome.

pit-stop-portable-urinal-system-761062.jpg

Sweeeeeet! Lol
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think your capacity can improve, but it's actually a fine line between holding it and not holding it. If you always go as soon as you feel the urge you may start to lose your ability to hold it when you have to. And holding it too long is bad too, like someone said, you are more prone to UTIs and if you are involved in a car accident your bladder can burst.
    Like people said, at first you will have to pee a lot but your body does adjust. The amount of water you need is actually half your body weight, drink that in ounces of water.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    LOL! I can empathize...I'm a teacher - and have the same challenge! However, I would respectfully disagree with the other posters...I have never found that I've gotten "used" to the feeling "I've got to go NOW!" And as one friend so tactfully puts it...my bladder is just a little bit smaller than a cup of coffee! :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    LOL! I can empathize...I'm a teacher - and have the same challenge! However, I would respectfully disagree with the other posters...I have never found that I've gotten "used" to the feeling "I've got to go NOW!" And as one friend so tactfully puts it...my bladder is just a little bit smaller than a cup of coffee! :)
    :laugh: I think some people meant that initially, when you drinking, say 8 glasses per day, you start off going a lot because it encourages your body to get rid of the water you are retaining, but then it gets better, that you don't have to go as frequently because your body adjusts.