Slimcado anyone!?

Options
has any one tried a slimcado? How was it? Heard it's less cals and is bigger than an avocado!? Feedback please!?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    They're excellent in smoothies! The flavor is lighter, not as rich. I don't really like them as toppings or made into guacamole, the regular avocados are so much tastier.

But they are great as a shake or smoothie. Mix with banana, or just about any other fruit and some protein powder and milk or almond milk. Yummmmm
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    LOL Slimcados are just Floridian avocados. They don't have the same amount of fat that Haas avocados do. They're slightly more watery in consistency as opposed to the ultra creaminess of Haas. But they are delicious! I die laughing in the grocery store because I'm looking at back yard avocados with "Slimcado" stickers on them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    It's in the database here. And yes, they're huge.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of a slimcado...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I used one for guacamole. I add so many of my own spices, etc to guac that I thought it was fine. You could tell a difference from the real thing, but not necessarily a bad difference imo.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Less fat but more calories than a California avocado. I like both really.
  • cbassett08
    Options
    Found them in NEBRASKA! And I thought they were a great replacement! Not the same, but nothing really easy unless it is a naughty food! :)
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm from Florida and I've never heard of them being called Slimcados and I used to work in a produce department! Florida avocados are not as rich and creamy as California avocados.They are still pretty good and they are much bigger. I prefer the ones from California.