Insanity in December/January

Options
Starting a group for us to track our progress together for Insanity! I've always known I was insane, now I'm glad to do it officially! Whether you started today or are waiting until December 1st, we will all be around the same time frame for progress. Good luck to anyone that's doing this =)

Replies

• Meesh57
    Meesh57 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here are my results from my first fit test. My only goal is to improve all of my numbers by day 60.

Switch kicks : 51
    Power jacks : 53
    Power knees : 75
    Power jumps : 25
    Globe jumps : 8
    Suicide jumps : 12
    Push-up jacks : 17
    Low-plank oblique : 30

I'm satisfied with my results =)
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just got done with the fit test. . . And to think this is only Day 1!

Switch Kicks : 86
    Power Jacks : 46
    Power Knees : 74
    Power Jumps : 26
    Globe Jumps : 9
    Suicide jumps : 8
    Push-up Jacks : 12
    Low-plank Oblique: 27
  • Meesh57
    Options
    I know.. only 61 more to go lol. Great job by the way.
  • mustang3
    Options
    Day 2 . . Done! It honestly wasnt as bad as I thought. . Don't get me wrong, it was NON STOP moving but it was challenging and do-able at the same time!
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I should take the fit test and see where I stand!
  • Meesh57
    Options
    I felt the same. The last 10 minutes was really killer though! I had to take a few breaks during the drill sets. Great job though.
  • cambamx3
    Options
    Day One- Fit test

Switch Kicks-85
    Power jacks-43
    Power Knees- 73
    Power Jumps-33
    Globe jumps-7
    Suicide Jumps-15
    Push-up Jacks -20
    Low Plank Oblique- 45

Completed Day 2 Early today!
  • Meesh57
    Options
    Switch kicks : 51 / 52
    Power jacks : 53 / 59
    Power knees : 75 / 86
    Power jumps : 25 / 32
    Globe jumps : 8 / 10
    Suicide jumps : 12 / 12
    Push-up jacks : 17 / 20
    Low-plank oblique : 30 / 22

Fit test number 2. The first numbers are from #1 so I could get a side to side comparison. I improved mostly, but at the end I was starting to feel dizzy =/ Think i haven't had enough water to drink today. Even though some of my numbers didn't budge much, I actually felt way better today and didn't get as tired as I did the first time.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just on Week 2 here. Hoping doing it through the holidays (not after) will be motivation not to over-indulge on the sweets!
  • Meesh57
    Options
    Just on Week 2 here. Hoping doing it through the holidays (not after) will be motivation not to over-indulge on the sweets!

Great job! I think you're on the right track. I went home this past weekend to visit family, and I watched what I ate to an extent. You can't turn down a good meal lol
  • CALake
    Options
    Week 3 is almost over. Is everyone else still going? How are you doing?
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You guys were awesome in your fit test. My fit test results were crap compared to yours. haha.
    I finished INSANITY twice and completed up to 7 weeks for once (before injury took over). Let me share with you my progress. It's quite unbelievable to myself too when I looked back at how weak I was.

Here are my stats
    1. First 3 numbers are from my first attempt. Didn't finish the series due to injuries.
    2. The next 5 numbers were from my first FINISHED attempt.
    3. The last 5 numbers were from my most recent FINISHED attempt.

I'm doing INSANITY:Asylum now.

switch kicks
    61 56 63 51 55 60 66 68 64 65 70 71 74
    power jacks
    50 52 55 53 55 55 59 61 55 58 58 59 60
    power knees
    54 61 72 64 76 79 86 91 80 86 90 95 98
    power jumps
    24 30 36 30 35 36 47 59 42 42 50 53 57
    globe jumps
    6 6 8 5 7 9 10 11 9 10 11 11 12
    suicide jumps
    10 12 13 10 14 14 17 19 15 17 18 17 18
    push-up jacks
    15 20 23 20 28 32 40 42 34 37 40 43 46
    low plank oblique
    40 55 70 60 66 67 70 73 62 67 70 77 81
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    Week 3 is almost over. Is everyone else still going? How are you doing?

Im about to finish week 3 as well! One more day, and then rest day just perfectly lands on Christmas!!!! I'm sure I will overeat on all the yummy goodness that will be floating around!
  • CALake
    Options
    I completely gave up any attempt at exercising and eating well over the holiday- especially since my family spreads it out over a full three days!

But I'm back at it today- week 4! Looks like I'll be skipping recovery and rest day to make up for the skipped sessions over the weekend though!
  • mustang3
    Options
    I missed 2 days over the holidays so I'm going to do week 4 workout the rest of the week then on Monday the 2nd I am going to start with week 5. I have also had a nasty cold the last few days which has made breathing/exercising hard! I want to go into the second half being able to give it my all!!
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I just started round two and did Max interval plyo. Good lord. I'm a puddle.
  • bunny876
    bunny876 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Is anyone keeping up with measurements? I am wondering what everyone's progress is as far as that.
  • Meesh57
    Options
    I was keeping up with measurements, but I ended up having a rough couple weeks. I ended at the end of week 3.. and continued to do workouts when I could, but it was never consistent. My new plan is to pick up with week 4 and try to keep going.. Horrible I know. But hopefully things work out this time..
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    Is anyone keeping up with measurements? I am wondering what everyone's progress is as far as that.

I am about done with month 1 and havent seen a change in my weight or my measurements yet. I am however seeing a difference in my ability to complete the DVD's. Not seeing a measurement change is somewhat frustrating but I'm hoping month 2 will change that!
  • CALake
    Options
    I'm thinking the real results come in month 2 as well. It's hard to tell so far though because I've eaten so poorly the last two weeks! I think I'm canceling out everything I've done working out. Just a few more days and I'm throwing out all of the cookies and starting fresh!

Next week is the rest week- maybe I should repeat week 4 and forget the "rest" all together?