Staying Positive and Focused

Options
I've actually been using My Fitness Pal for several months but I didn't registered online until now. In the first 2 months I lost 15lbs but when I plateaued for 2 months I began to fall off the band wagon. After shaking off my excuses I've gotten my stride back and am working hard to get fit. I want to be the active person I was several years ago and I know the only person who can make that possible is myself.

I don't have any girlfriends who are trying to lose weight like me and sometimes it makes it tough not having someone to talk to, on the good or frustrating days. If anything I'm glad to see there is a community of people just like me working towards a great goal! :)

Replies

• jmt304
    jmt304 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I fall off the bandwagon when I plateau as well! I think this website is a wonderful place to get encouragement and positive reinforcement for being healthy! Good luck to you :)
  • huckleberryhuck
    huckleberryhuck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are in the right place. You will find an abundance of support here, its truly amazing! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    welcome and good luck on your journey...feel free 2 add me:)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am the same. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please feel free to add me! I've been on this health kick for 13 months now and dumped 102lbs....I feel like this is just a habit that I don;t want to stop and if i plateau I get all the support i need on here to keep focused and keep going!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi there and glad you're now posting! The support on this site is truly the one thing that keeps me going when the going gets tough. I'm in the same boat - I'm the only one I know trying desperately to lose weight and be active and it can get pretty lonely. Thankfully, I have the amazing people on MFP :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • lucyg1
    lucyg1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hiya, I've just signed back up this evening, I had it on my iphone but I had to give it back to work when I left the job and don't have a smart phone. The app was a great way to keep track on everything. I've been looking through some of the blogs and everyone says such nice positive things. The positive attitude is lovely to hear, it can be quite negative here in Ireland regarding weight loss and exercise. Best of luck with the new start, keep focused :-)