Code red - need to stop making excuses now

Options
Hi Everyone!

I am a mom to a 3 year old and a 9 year old, & I work part time at a sedentary job. I have been up and down the scale, esp. since having kids. The other day I ripped the only pair of jeans I own that fit me right now, and I really feel like I am at a "crisis" point. I know if I go buy another pair I will not be as motivated to get in shape, and summer (and our vacation) is rapidly approaching - I desperately do not want to spend another summer feeling like I did last year. So I decded to buckle down and try to exert some self-control. I have tried Weight Watcher's with pretty good results before, but the thought of calculating and counting points is not working for me right now. I tried South Beach two years ago and did pretty well, too, but as soon as I ate regular food again the weight literally piled back on. :grumble: I am hoping that just plain old calorie counting will be enough for me to track my food intake and keep myself from going overboard. I have also dusted off the cardio equipment.

This place seems like a great resource - I can't wait to *meet* everyone!

thx
Sarah

Replies

• keepontrying74
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am a mom to a 3 year old and a 9 year old, & I work part time at a sedentary job. I have been up and down the scale, esp. since having kids. The other day I ripped the only pair of jeans I own that fit me right now, and I really feel like I am at a "crisis" point. I know if I go buy another pair I will not be as motivated to get in shape, and summer (and our vacation) is rapidly approaching - I desperately do not want to spend another summer feeling like I did last year. So I decded to buckle down and try to exert some self-control. I have tried Weight Watcher's with pretty good results before, but the thought of calculating and counting points is not working for me right now. I tried South Beach two years ago and did pretty well, too, but as soon as I ate regular food again the weight literally piled back on. :grumble: I am hoping that just plain old calorie counting will be enough for me to track my food intake and keep myself from going overboard. I have also dusted off the cardio equipment.

This place seems like a great resource - I can't wait to *meet* everyone!

thx
    Sarah
  • tinnytibbs
    Options
    Welcome,

Come on in, enjoy the people, the sights and the info, most of all, have fun with it.....

Allot of great people on here!
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are definetly in the right place. Welcome here! :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • shellynbuzz
    Options
    Hello. I just started using this site too, and it has already helped so much, just by making me aware of the calories I was taking in plus it is so helpful to see the carbs and fat I'm eating too. :smile:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: All the calorie counting is done for you as you enter you intake for the day,so not much work to it. Enjoy:drinker:
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    It's incredibly easy as MFP does all the calculations for you.
    I actually like to put in all my meals and snacks first thing in the morning, therefore there are no last minute decisions for me. My day is all planned out...I love it.
    I was at a point where my jogging pants were getting uncomfortable, yeah I know that's pretty bad. But now, 4 weeks later they are fitting much looser and I'm back to being comfortable again. Next step is to be able to wear my jeans in the same manner.
    This site has really helped me and I'm sure you will have the same success.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: