Any 5"3 girls out there!

Options
Looking at success stories on the forum are awesome but i tend to notice (or think) That some of the girls look amazing yet there weight is a bit heavier than mine. When i look at their photos i think "wow i wish i had that body" and yet there 15lbs heavier.. I know due to height this makes the differences in weight and was wondering if any other shorties out there have any inspiration pictures, before and afters!

Happy dieting!

Replies

• katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. The chick that is 5'11 and weighs 172 (like me) looks alot better. It sucks being 5' 2" :) I have pictures in my profile. The profile pic...taken today. Im down 42lbs..with 28 to go. Head up :)
  • kimb091
    Options
    I totally agree, although i seen a photo before and im sure she was 5"3 also and look amazing! And is heavier than me but yet i look nothing like that! Could be alot more muscle mass and being toned i suppose rather than my fatty gut.. ha It's all motivation i suppose :)
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing, Then realised its because some of the other people are more toned than me..Im only 5,1 my highest weight ever was 168-lbs , i`ve lost about 15 lbs on my own, and started with 154 -lbs here on MFP.
    Even though i look much smaller in clothes, i hate the way how i look naked, i wanted to lose the weight fast, and i ate alot less than 1200-cal, and excercising 700-1000 almost every day..Nowmy skin is loose, ang looks terrible. i hate it..
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    I agree. Although I think it also has to do with how big your frame is. I have a really small frame with tiny bones. So extra weight on me, even just a few pounds, is really noticeable.
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I look at some of these girsl at 165 and they as so slender and small! I dont look anything like that!
    I have before and after pics in my profile! My pic <---- I am like 167maybe but look way bigger then some of the other taller girls!
    NO FAIR!
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!!! I am 5'2" and 130 lbs. When I tell people I need to lose weight, they look at me like I'm crazy! However, they don't understand that I'm good at hiding my belly pudge and back fat....

The SMALLEST increase in weight is so noticeable on us shorties. I was 125, and the minute I added those extra 5 pounds it was soooo noticeable....

Feel free to add me :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Check out my thread "size 6 jeans". I'm 5'3 and 118, goal 110. Started at 135
  • dixiefirefighter
    Options
    Today is my first day. I'm five 5'3" so i look like i'm s big aroung as i am tall. i've got aggervated trying to buy cloths bc there all to long for me.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yeppers - short and squat...

I am 5"3 - 5"4 - that lovely little spot where peites are sometimes flooding on me while the regular length is to long....

I am a solid gal with curves...so my weight is spread out over my body fairly even - so i weigh more than I look.

I know I have had a tough time getting the weight to come off so instead I decided to focus on eating right and exercising rather than working on the weight coming off so it is visible on the scale. I took up kickboxing and just finished a whole food cleanse to break my body from sugars and the majority of processed foods...slowly adding back in things....

I will say since the beginning of the year I have only lost 7 lbs...it is frustrating to do all this stuff - but I will say my body shape has changed quite a bit - I didn't take measurements before and I should have...but I have had a fair number of people comment how much weight I have lost...someone asked me the other day "How much weight have you lost - 20 lbs?" - umm no....

I don't put much faith in those weight charts based on your height...I am currently at about 187 and according the "charts" I should be anywhere from 110-140 lbs...i told my husband and he said if i lost 47 lbs I would look like a skeleton....

I know for me personally i don't have a scale number I am looking to get to ultimately...I currently wear a size 14/16 and figure if i can get to a comfortable size 10 (i.e. going to a store and for most brands being able to grab a 10 and have it fit) I would be happy...the lowest scale number I have been in my adult life has been 170 - the majority of high school I weighed about 220 - which made going back to my 20 year high school reunion sweet...as I think i looked better than I did the majority of high school :)
  • hml1976
    Options
    Hey! I'm just under 5'3" and I've lost 44lbs! In a perfect world I'd get down to 115-117 or so but I'm pretty happy with 121. I'll see if I can figure out how to post photos. ETA Ok, I've put before and after pics in my profile.

Good luck!
  • fluteypie
    fluteypie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm 5'0" and weigh about 135 at the moment, and I'd love to get down to about 110, which is considered pretty good for my height. It's terrible how small weight gains can show so drastically. I've noticed pretty big improvements in just losing 10 pounds, so I can't even begin to imagine what I'll look like once I lose 25 more, considering I've been a little overweight since middle school (and I'm graduating high school this summer!). I've always been pretty active, with marching band and such, but I've found that it's my eating habits that really kept me up there...I'm slowly changing them and seeing/feeling wonderful results!~ :)
  • Nico62384
    Options
    I'm 5'2" but I can be 5'3" with the right shoes on :) I am hoping to get to 125... 30 lbs to go :(

12924835.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I know what you mean. I'm currently around 161 lbs and that fluctuates a few pounds either way. I've lost more inches then anything so I'm trying not to focus on the scale. I've only lost about 5 lbs but over 25 inches since January. I'm currently in a size 14 and I started in a size 16 in January. I would like to get down to a size 10 or so. But I don't know if that will happen anytime soon because my husband and I aren't preventing pregnancy so I guess for now I'm just trying to continue to lose and if I get pregnant I'll try not to gain weight. If we have another baby it will be our last and then I can focus on getting the body I want.