Anyone doing the LA Marathon?

Options
Say so here please. I am and just curious.

Replies

• MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My bf and his dad did it last year, it was very exciting, I am hoping to do it next year. My bf trained only 2 days for it (12 mile run one day and 14 mile another day) and that was it, I don't know how it's humanely possible to run 26 miles with that lil training, his only other exercise was skateboarding :P
    It's about 6-7 hour run, but lots of areas with water waiting for you and lots of support out there. And you get treat to free beer after completing the race!

Have fun and good luck!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. It will be my 5th time running it, including last year in the rain (crazy, windy tons of rain).

Chase me down if you need any info. I know there are a couple more people on these boards who are doing it.
  • delta90017
    Options
    I'm in Long Beach with an 11:30 pace. If anyone wants to run, let me know.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Im doing the LA Marathon. This will be my first Marathon.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When is it? I wouldn't mind signing up if a few ppl wanted to run together. I did the LA Rock And Roll half marathon and have never done a marathon. I run about an 8 mile pace for a 5K...
  • arc918
    Options
    Race is March 18

Be sure to add some hill into your training. Although it is a net downhill, there are some hills to deal with (late in the race).

http://www.lamarathon.com/
  • delta90017
    Options
    Arc, what will your longest training run be? leggers stops at 20.
  • arc918
    Options
    Arc, what will your longest training run be? leggers stops at 20.

I rarely run over 21 in my training runs. I stay in "almost marathon shape" year round. But then sometimes I will run small, local marathons as training runs.
  • wonderlilly
    wonderlilly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up for next year's half! I want to run for Real Medicine Foundation. If you consider doing it again, I hope you'll msg me!