I'm SO cold!

Options
stressd1mom
stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
It has been (thankfully) a pretty mild start to the winter season in Minnesota. However, I'm so cold this year already. I'm thinking it has to do with having less "padding". Anyone else notice that? It's gonna be a long winter I fear!

Replies

• dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It has been (thankfully) a pretty mild start to the winter season in Minnesota. However, I'm so cold this year already. I'm thinking it has to do with having less "padding". Anyone else notice that? It's gonna be a long winter I fear!

Looks like an NSV to me.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Facilities just told me that I am cold because I lost weight. IT'S FREEZING IN MY LOBBY!
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate and a big fluffy blanket ;) (Options Indulgence, only 38 cals per mug :D )
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I definately notice the cold more this year without the extra padding!
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im feeling the same way and Im on the coast of South Texas close to Corpus Christi. 50's and 60s are freezing my hiney off!! OH MY AND THE WIND!!! brrrrr! normally Id still be in shorts and flip flops but it's a no-go this time! YAY for less insulation!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I hear that a lot... "you lost all your insulation!" But seriously... I'm freezing ALL the time!!!! Layers... lots and lots of layers... it's the only thing keeping me going!
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yep. I think part of it is that it hasn't been cold enough to get used to it, but even 40-50 degree weather requires a sweatshirt!
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Im feeling the same way and Im on the coast of South Texas close to Corpus Christi. 50's and 60s are freezing my hiney off!! OH MY AND THE WIND!!! brrrrr! normally Id still be in shorts and flip flops but it's a no-go this time! YAY for less insulation!

Ummm...can you hear everyone in Minnesota laughing? :happy:

We're supposed to get a high of 21F on Thursday. I'm a pansy. I wear thermals all winter long, no matter what the temp or if I'll be outside or not. They're remarkably good at being warm enough when needed, but not too warm.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to put on the warm clothes before I get cold: once I'm already cold, they scarcely seem to help. If you have cold feet, don't underestimate the power of wearing a beanie and a warm coat - your body withdraws blood from hands and feet to keep your centre warm, so it won't do that so much if you are looking after your core heat. Chemical heat packs and Moutain Designs socks are nice, too!
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    To be fair, I have always been cold, with or without 'padding' due to hypothyroidism, I know to be cold and it's not any worse this time^^ Being cosy helps though :)
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I get that from dehydration. But then Calgary is very dry most of the time.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Before I lost 70 pounds, I was always warm and sweaty and hated it.
    Now I'm mostly cold - not always comfortable, but I actually prefer being cold.
    So yes, I've definitely noticed it! Many others I've talked to have also experienced this, it's quite logic too, I think..

But some days are worse than others though. Maybe the hydration reason is a clue too? I'll try to think about that the next time I just can't get warmer..
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Me too! everyone keeps saying its cause I have no meat on my bones now haha!
  • Galletakek
    Options
    EL o EL .. :)